Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #1 
GemRising

First Flare

I have had Paul for less than about a month now..maybe just a bit more or less. I think today is the first time he flared. I do my make up right near his tank, and there is a little mirror that has just always been there. I didn't think he could see it from where he is...and prior to this morning, he either didn't notice it, didn't care, or just wasn't comfy enough...but this morning, he wanted to kill the betta in the mirror. I didn't know he could get so big...but pretty. I removed the mirror when I noticed. He won't have to worry about mirror-fish anymore.

He has been becoming more and more relaxed over the past few days. He is starting to play with the silk plants in his tank taunt the cats. It's pretty funny. I think I'll get him some little balls.
GemRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #2 
SurfinCrab

It's cute when they flare. I let my guys flare at each other every now and then. I don't want to stress them out. I have these little soccer balls (a little smaller than a ping pong ball) that I put in the tank, they flare at them. One of my guys Tang, flares at his pellets before he eats them. Blue Bayou never flares, he's laid back.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote