Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #21 
LittleBettaFish

I personally don't like her topline, and her fins look a bit rough to me so I would pass.

That colour is quite unusual though. Wonder what it would be called.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #22 
hollyk

Ok,thanks. I didn't know about her fins, but I like her color. It is unusual. I feel like they called it something with lavender. I could be wrong, though... What do you think of my boy? Be honest. It's the first time I've ever ordered a fish, and I think he's cute, but I'd like to know others' opinions. I can have him as a pet without breeding him...
hollyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #23 
bambijarvis

If you have a budget/color in mind I can help you look or a female.

your boy is actually pretty good. xD
his anal is a bit long,butterfly isn't even and he has slight red wash but I've seen far worse males used as people's fist breeders.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #24 
hollyk

Wow, thanks for the offer of help! I don't really know what my budget would be. It's low these days... But if you happen to come across any great females, I'll see what I can do budget-wise. Hopefully I'd be able to work it out. Thank you!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #25 
bambijarvis

Oh~ Basementbettas has some HM marbles!
she has two girls up on aquabid right now(one for$15+shipping and one for $18+shipping). She's here in the states so if you're in the US you don't need to worry bout transshipping.
I like this one

here's the other one

You can probably ask if she has any blue girls, or if she can pick a girl to best compliment you boy's flaws.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #26 
hollyk

Ooh, I might just have to get in touch with her! I'm a little low on money at the moment, but I'd like to get a betta from someone on this forum. That would be lovely. People here, so far in my experience, have been fabulous. It would be nice to get a betta from someone who I know takes good care of them, and I'd be happy to give the business to someone on here.

I still don't know much about breeding; I'm working on doing my research, and I intend to probably breed them in January, after I'm back home from holiday visits. So I'm not sure yet what would be a good match for my male. I've been looking into HM females with similar coloring, but I also don't really know what looks like a good top line, etc. As far as I know/knew, the female I posted above looked good! That's why I'm doing some research before just starting to breed them and coming up with mutts, though. It's definitely nice to have some help with this! So thank you!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #27 
bambijarvis

They're a member here and they show bettas, so they can recommend something better than I can.

I'm going be receiving some females tomorrow or the next day from a breeder, and more next week. I can't say anything on their quality yet but if I get a girl who would look nice with him I can let you know.

Last edited by bambijarvis; 10-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #28 
hollyk

Cool- thanks! I'll have to check them out. It would be nice to have a recommendation from someone who knows what they're doing! By the time I actually breed them, I intend to be confident in what I'm doing. In the meantime, though, I'm worried about waiting too long to get a female and having her be significantly younger and smaller than the male, as I've read that that's not good. I definitely, above all else, want to make sure that both of the mates are safe during the breeding process.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd recommend Basement Bettas. She breeds top quality fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #30 
hollyk

Awesome, thanks for letting me know, dramaqueen! Two recommendations for her- sounds like someone I'll be contacting!