Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #1 
JadeSparrow

empty 2 gal tank...what to put in it?

So my betas passed on to swim in the big fish bowl in the sky and I don't really want to get any other betas for the moment. My dilemma is that I have two 2 gal tanks just sitting. One I have almost completely torn down and the other is still cycled and housing my snails for now. They will most likely be moved to a tank that I use strictly for plants. Soooo What do ya'll think I should put in my tank? I'm only going to keep one tank up and running for right now I don't have the time to plant and take care of both of them, but my hubby is willing to help me take care of one. I was thinking shrimpies but any suggestions would be wonderful.
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #2 
bettafishfins

I know you don't want any bettas, but a baby betta might be what you need to get over your loss.
bettafishfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #3 
JadeSparrow

I will get another betta eventually my lps has not had good bettas in a while and neither of us are home enough during the day to buy online. So that's why I was going with something else that hopefully I can get locally.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #4 
JadeSparrow

I finally got some ghost shrimp and they seem to be in love with my tank. Right now there are 5 of them. Hopefully I can keep them alive and nothing freaky happens with the water. My little nerite snail seems to be happy to have friends again. I think it was getting lonely having the tank all to itself. Can snails get lonely?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #5 
Chachi

I agree with the baby betta idea!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #6 
bambijarvis

anything can get lonely~
shimp are so cute, I can't get them to stay alive though, bleh.

Hope they work out for you. i was going to suggest doing small planted shrimp tanks or adopting a special-needs betta who would do well in a smaller tank.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote