Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #1 
TonyB

Question I'm New to betta Fish and need some advice thanks.

Hi there i just got my Betta Fish yesterday i did have him in a temp home till today when i got my all glass 5.5 gallon fish tank. with a tetra whisper in tank filter its meant for a up to 10 gal tank and seams to work a ok. i also have a hydro mini tank heater. that keeps me about 76 or 80 depending on the room temp. but I'm kind of worried about the tank top i got with this tank. it is a all glass hinged in the middle tank top with a clear plastic strip that you can cut to make room for your cords and pump which i had to cut a rather large slot for my pump. as i had to put the lip of the pump above water line. so had to do this. is my tank getting enough air for this little guy with a top like this. i dont want wake up with a floating fish or a fish out of water as he jump's. the picture is what it looks like just difrent brand and mine has the plastick back strip to cut and make whey for your pumps. should i just remove this plastic stirp and make whey for air to get in. then i will have a gap in the back big enough for my hand to fit in.

TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #2 
TonyB

hope someone can help with this :)
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #3 
veganchick

keep the plastic on with a filter he is getting enough oxygyn.
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #4 
Kim

I have a top like that. As long as there's an opening for the filter he will be just fine ;)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #5 
TonyB

thanks :) all will do going to buy some bloodworms today. have fun and god bless.