Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1 
jesssan2442

Tips on transporting bettas in the car

I'm going on vacation from tomorrow to Friday and I'm taking Mardi to a friends house because he shreads his fins when left alone for 2 days let alone 5... I'm taking his 5g and all his normal supplies. My friend is coming over to feed the others everyday but she is mainly coming to feed our cat so she's just feeding the fish if she remembers. I'm going to put his food by day in a pill calendar so they don't over feed or feed him twice on accident and so she has the food for my other bettas.

Any tips on how to transport him? Should I train half the water and take everything that could fall on him out and leave him in or completely empty his tank and put him in a cup
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #2 
Saber

Honestly, I would put him in a cup. It seems a bit cruel since he is used to such a big space, but there's a reason that they use the tiny bags to ship bettas to and fro - having more water means more water weight sloshing around during the trip which can kill your fish. (I learned this the hard way while trying to take my betta on vacation when I was a kid.. :( )
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

I'm not actually taking him on vacation just to a friends house about 2 miles away but I'm gonna cup him just to be ion the safe side... I cup him once a week to clean his tank anyways so he's use to it.
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote