Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #1 
TiffanyP

Name My Betta!

So the past 3 weeks at Petco there's been this betta who gave me the eye whenever I casually walked by them (and by "casually walked by" I mean heavily inspected each and every betta haha). And because I don't have any space for another tank, I had to keep leaving him there :( He haunted me and I have thought of EVERY possible arrangement to get him. I was set on waiting til tomorrow when I get paid, to get a 5 gallon tank and divide it between him and another of my boys. But one of my boys today took a turn for the worse :( I'm really surprised he's still living actually. Anyway - I jumped the gun a little and went to go get him this afternoon for fear that he would die or have been sold. Sure enough when I got there, he was still there - YAY! He gave me the eye again and I snatched him up and he's now happily living in a toasty warm 80 degree temporary 2 gallon home. My other little guy is somehow hanging in there still, though I surely thought he would have died by now :( I don't expect him to live over night. Anyway! I need a name for my new guy! I think he's a mustard gas coloration, though I'm not entirely certain what the 'regulations' for that are. His body is a dark charcoal grey and his fins are a nice vibrant golden yellow, as you can see :)

What do you think? Who does he look like? I like unique names: to give you an idea, my other guys' names are Alistair, Icarus*, Alaric, Darryl, and Pascal. Fiyero is on the brink of death, and Gaston is swimming in fishy heaven.

*Icarus is just a tiny little squirt, and I think, maybe, that he's growing ovaries! Sooo... Icarus might need a name change too in the near future haha but we'll see. Right now I'm focusing on naming the new guy :)

Look at his cute little face!

TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

He looks like a Halloween betta to me! How about Jack as in Jack lantern, or Pumpkin (I have a rat called that). Or why not call him Halloween!!!!!! or Trick or Treat....
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #3 
cowboy

You said it yourself - haunted and haunty for short
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #4 
jesssan2442

Reiker
Wyatt
Tyson
Mirdoc
Cyclopes
Jonas
Parker
Beaux
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #5 
TiffanyP

Veggiegirl and Cowboy - I love where your creativity is coming from, but not quite what I'm looking for :) Though now you do have me looking up some Halloween-y related names...

Jesssan - I love the uniqueness of Murdoc and Cyclopes, that's the kind of names I go for :) I'm not sure either one is a winner, but I'm going to keep them on the "appeals to me" list :)

Thank you!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #6 
TheTrojanBetta

Ellison
Jinx
Salem
Gremlin
Tarantula
Anemone
Mongoose
Badger
Casper
Slade
Heath
Marley
Alchemy
Avalon
That's a lot sorry, maybe some of those will appeal to you. :)
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #7 
TiffanyP

Salem really pops out to me, thanks :)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #8 
katrina89

I like salem that's cute
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #9 
DerangedUnicorn

Yeah. Salem sounds great. It's also kinda Halloween-y because of the Salem Witch Trials.
DerangedUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #10 
TiffanyP

I'm so indecisive when it comes to names haha The only two I decided on quickly were Darryl and Gaston haha they just absolutely aren't anything but a Darryl or a Gaston. My other guys though, I debate over for days trying to figure out which name best suits them!

Thank you all for suggesting names, and please keep the suggestions coming :)