Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #1 
Kim

Dividing my 10 gal I think

So I'm thinking about dividing my 10 gallon. It used to be divided for a while and Cassanova used to love making huge bubblenests for his girl Diva . When Diva died though, I was having so many aquarium problems at once that I didn't want to get any more fish for a while and I just took the divider out and let Cassanova have the whole tank.

However, I watch my fish a LOT and Cassanova really is my least active betta. In fact he hardly swims around at all and prefers to rest on his plant, swim a bit, then rest on another plant. No, there's nothing wrong with him, I blame it on his fins which have grown to be quite huge especially since he's a HM . So I think he'd probably be happier with a new girlfriend than the extra space which he doesn't use anyway.

The best part is that I found a new 5 gal tank on craigslist that is a complete acrylic tank set and comes with everything! It's perfect and at $25 OBO the price is right! Now I just need to convince my rather skeptical parents that they should bring me to get it . I mean, it will cost me more to replace the heater for my QT tank which broke a while back...not to mention I will use the tank to house another betta after I use it to QT the new betta for Cassanova's tank.

So what do you think? It's not too mean to downsize Cassanova's territory right...especially since he hardly uses it at all? I mean, my others zip around all the time but he just seems too lazy to want to use the entire tank.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #2 
doggyhog

I say GO FOR IT!!! :) Of course, I always say yes to the idea of another betta. :D
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #3 
Vikki81207

I would do it. =D
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds good to me!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #5 
Kim

I decided to do it! And I'm getting the new 5 gal kit for $20!!!! I'm going to use it to QT a new rescue female for the other side of Cassanova's tank, then I'm going to permanently set it up for another rescue :)

The funniest thing ever though is my brother. He's been all excited to rescue another betta and he started a "betta fund" jar. He put all his change in it, then I put all mine, and then we added in the change from a big jar that we keep in our house, and we got over $20 to furnish the tank and buy the bettas! I can't believe he's so into it, but he is. We'll probably be picking out our first rescue in a couple days...I'm so excited :)
Old 08-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #6 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I decided to do it! And I'm getting the new 5 gal kit for $20!!!! I'm going to use it to QT a new rescue female for the other side of Cassanova's tank, then I'm going to permanently set it up for another rescue :)

The funniest thing ever though is my brother. He's been all excited to rescue another betta and he started a "betta fund" jar. He put all his change in it, then I put all mine, and then we added in the change from a big jar that we keep in our house, and we got over $20 to furnish the tank and buy the bettas! I can't believe he's so into it, but he is. We'll probably be picking out our first rescue in a couple days...I'm so excited :)
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :) Looks like someone is becoming addicted.....hehe
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Becoming?? lol
Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #8 
Kim

I know! I sure hope he becomes addicted because then I'd have someone in my family to do fishy stuff with :)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

That would be nice to have someone in the family who shares your interest. If my Dad were alive, he'd share my interest with me. He loved annimals. Too bad my mother doesn't. :(
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #10 
Kim

Well, I got her!! She was the only female left at Petco and I have to say I'm very dissapointed with them now :( It looked like they had the last of a shipment and they had mostly pathetic little red veiltails and a few others that nobody wanted...doesn't look like the king bettas are great sellers either. There were plenty with SBD that I wanted to help but they were all males and I won't do that to Cassanova...he doesn't like other males. So I got this tiny girl. She is a cellophane mutt I guess because her body and fins are clearish but she has a green irridescence and a little red on her fins. I think she'll be beautiful when she's all warmed up. She's actually not that bad off, well she has inflammed gills from ammonia poisoning and she's cold but at least she doesn't look overfed like the others.

Right now I'm slowly acclimating her to my water in her cup until my dad comes back with the tank. Then I'll clean it and set it up. We're going to walmart later to pick up a few plants- they have 3 for $6 packs there :) Oh, and a cave of some sort.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father dramaqueen :(