Originally Posted by MattsBettas
You do know pouring or flushing fish is one of the most inhumane, slow, painful deaths possible... And at least if they stay in their cup there is a chance (no matter how small) that they will find a good owner.
Actually, this is true. There are so many toxic, harmful components in sewer water. But, in a "death cup", there is little water, and food, waste, and dust collect and cause ammonia to go up like crazy! That will ensure the death or illness of a betta. There is a small chance that someone will notice and either rescue or tell someone.