Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #21 
PetMania

Your tank looks amazing! Suggestions for that beautiful tom would be Rusty, Shadow, or Tiger. I'm not too good with names lol
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #22 
RowdyBetta

I'm not great with names either, but here are few ideas. c:
Bandit
Kid(or Kiddo X3, lol)
Winchester
Colt
Sammy
Marshal
Outlaw
Ranger

Idk, lol, I'm not very good at names XD. And when I do think of some it usually has western themes. XD
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #23 
PetMania

Oooooo I like the name Bandit
Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #24 
twolovers101

Thank you both, we decided to go with Rajah (Jasmine's tiger from Aladdin)

Also... snail pictures!!!!
This guy (or girl?) was posing for me so I got some really cute pictures! Never thought a snail could be cute xD
+
Bonus Rajah pic!
Attached Images

twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #25 
RowdyBetta

Your snail is adorable! X3 And so is Rajah! 8D (I love his name by the way! ^^ All kitties have a bit of some big cat in them c;)
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #26 
twolovers101

Lol, yea the snail was just being super cute xD
And Rajah is super timid most of the time, but once he starts playing and gets all excited he can be quite the hunter. He was a stray before the shelter got him, so when he plays he is really accurate when it comes to attacking the toy xD it's so cute
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #27 
PetMania

I think water snails are cute. Especially pink ramshorns
I like that name. Jasmine is one of my fav Disney princesses
Old 10-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #28 
twolovers101

Jasmine is one of my favorites too. Now that it's evening Raja keeps attacking my toes, having to hide them under a blanket. Tiny kitty claws are sharp! xD
Old 10-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #29 
twolovers101

So my banana lily decided to drop all of its leaves except for the budding one... part of that may be due to a snail chewing on it lol. I think they've tasted everything in the tank now xD I'll probably go get some algae wafers at some point though I know they like veggies better... veggies just get more expensive and I won't eat the left overs *sigh*

There's enough algae in the tank for them to much on, I think they were just exploring, so I won't hold it against them ^^

Rajah finally learned how to use his scratching board/post thing, and mews at me whenever he's hungry or wants to play. Which is nice. I mean, how often do cats TELL you what they want? He's been taking well to the wet food I got him, so I might pick up a few more cans on my way home from work tomorrow.

I got one of the 5's successfully planted so I'll post pictures of that tomorrow (I hope) It's Dimitri's tank, my lovely little tail biter xD hopefully this will keep him distracted enough to leave his fins alone XD

Also... as Rajah is laying on top of my chest with the back of his head under my nose... kitties smell so lovely... I don't know why but I just love a cat's natural scent... call me crazy XD

Last edited by twolovers101; 10-20-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #30 
twolovers101

I'm starting to get depressed about my poor lily the leaf bud is gone today... I think one of the snails ate it >.< hopefully it'll sprout a new one soon... I really love that plant....

The other plants are doing great now though, the dhg is actually spreading! I found a tiny runner today with a little green poking up about half an inch from the parent plant :D and it's all a lot bushier than it was :D

The swords of course are growing like crazy plants and my wisteria's leaves!!! OMG I didn't think water wisteria could grow leaves this massive, but some of the newer leaves are as big as some of the small compacta leaves O.O

Sorry I haven't been posting as many pictures of late... I've been really busy with Rajah, he's such a rambunctious little kitty! and I've been sick... I don't really know for sure what this is, but it's probably an upper respiratory infection... I got sick earlier this semester with a bad cold for about a week, and then on Saturday I started coughing, and was dizzy, and had a fever and a swollen throat and lymph nodes and yea... it was bad :( I've been coughing really bad since then. Cough drops only do so much so I buckled under today and bought some meds... just cough syrup, but it's been helping, along with a cup of chai tea in the mornings and camomile in the evenings (I'm a firm believer in the healing powers of tea) though I should probably add in some green tea... eh I'll do that tomorrow *sips on camomile*

I'll try to post some pictures soon... at least of Dimitri's tank. I was going to say something else but I can't remember.... OH!! Okay (stream of consciousness here lol) so I saw some REALLY cute otos in petsmart today while I was buying more wet food for my fuzzy pain in the butt and had to turn them down because in the tank right next to theirs were some really sad looking barbs... COVERED in ich *sigh* it's so hard to get good fish stock around here... I'm going to have to drive an hour to a decent fish place to get some shrimps in a few weeks because no one around here does decent freshwater stuff...

IF, and that's a BIG if, I COULD put otos in this 10 gal of mine, would you recommend it? Shosta's really aggressive... he only recently stopped picking on the snails (who now have much shorter antennae... I feel really bad about that...)

I'm also wondering about the shrimps... if I add them in with Shosta out of the tank and give them 30 minutes to an hour to find good places to hide I think it might be okay... and give him time to get over the small invasion to his territory... honestly I think this guy needs like a 30 gal all to himself... he's just crazy territorial... maybe I'll do that at some point... but it'll be a few years and by then he'll be older... I don't know *sigh* I want this guy to live a while, he's my favorite...

... I'm rambling now... the meds have gotten to me... lol sorry for being so boring I'll post pictures soon ^^;