Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #1 
MsAqua

Themed Tanks

I know there's a thread for pictures of tanks already but I'm interested in any tanks that have a theme. Anytime I look at decorations at the store, or online, the gears in my head instantly start turning. I would love to put together some themed tanks of my own and will once I have the money and the tanks to do it.
I've always wanted to do a Mayan/Aztec themed tank or a Chinese one with pagodas and dragons. At the same time, I really like the natural look with live plants and drift wood.
I was just curious what kind of themes some of you have thrown together for your tanks. And I'm not talking the tanks where you just put whatever looks good into it. I mean the tanks where the gravel has to match with the theme, the decor does, the plants have to. Everything has to go with the theme you want or it doesn't go into the tank. That sort of tank.

Maybe it's because I'm OCD or maybe because I'm pretty creative. But I love the thought of putting together something themed and pretty. :3
So let's see what you guys have done.
MsAqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #2 
AnimalLov3

I want to have an animal theme of some sort. Like a forest, or Africa theme... I don't know... ^-^' I like colors and animals!
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #3 
rickey
Banned

Dade County Canal biotope

r
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #4 
Gallifrey

I have an Ancient Greece theme for my aquarium. Working out the kinks for the plants, but there are pillars in it, as well as a great white rock cave to represent Moint Olympus. Although, I temporarily removed the cave and replaced it with a "cracked" vase cave because I have to seal off the small holes in the rock cave.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #5 
carlos puron

Asian theme on my 75 gal
Attached Images

carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #6 
carlos puron

I was missing this one
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #7 
MsAqua

Oh wow carlos, that's beautiful!
MsAqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #8 
carlos puron

Thank you
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #9 
Atena

oooh... I have to take some photos of my tanks, all of them are themed.

By boy's tank has an island oasis theme, complete with a beach island, the ocean and a seahorse.

The girl's tank has a castle garden theme, complete with topiaries and garden statues.

My planted grow-out tank for my fry has a mountain view theme, all rocks and plants with a river house and a mountaintop mansion.

The other grow-out tank I just had to tear-down, and I just rebuilt it to a WWII Normandy beach theme inspired by my husbands WWII artifact collection.

The only one not themed is the breeding tank, but this is probably because it needs to cleaned so often. And of course the individual tanks, because there really is no room in there for themes, just fish.

Getting photos up soon... :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #10 
Atena

Love the bamboo forest them above BTW. :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote