Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Suli has labored breathing and is sitting on the bottom

She was in the sorority tank and I pulled her when I noticed she didn't show up for breakfast. She looked a little lethargic last night. Since sitting on the bottom can mean parasites I have a started API General Cure. I think that is making breathe more labored. She is in a gallon hospital tank now. She has no physical injuries. She swims very stiffly. She is resting on a betta leaf now. Otherwise she'd be laying on the bottom.

I am well stocked on all fish medicines. If you have any ideas on what else to try let me know.

It may be worth noting that her sister was found eaten. I inquired about her health a few weeks ago because she had very round belly (no pineconing) and I was told she was just eating too much. I could believe that as she was quite piggy. So she may have actually been sick and the girls saw her as week and took her out. Her behavior was very normal.

The kill took place far from where Suli would have been hanging out at. They seemed to spend time around each other.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #2 
blufish425

Hmm, I think without any other obvious symptoms I would treat with AQ salt. The lethargy is a symptom of so many things. Aq salt should help whether its parasitic or bacterial. I would just add 1tsp/gallon, just for the next day or 2 and see how she does. If she starts showing other symptoms you can diagnose further.
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

This fish is in pretty severe distress. I think she will die if I or someone else doesn't figure out what to do.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote