Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #1 
Yuuki

Planning on making a new addition...

I saw some of the most beautiful betta fish at the Petco in town today! Though I'm torn between getting another male or getting a female this time.

I've had my current, and first, betta for just over 2 months now, he's male, and the tank for the new one has to be placed directly next to his. Because of the closeness... would it be better to get another male or a female?

Also, I'm planning on buying the Eclipse 3 tank. But I wanted to ask if the filter that comes with the Eclipse tank is okay, hopefully it doesn't put out too much current? Otherwise, I'll probably settle for another 2.5 gallon MiniBow. x3
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Either would be fine! My choice would be....... BOTH!!! I'm a little bit addicted...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #3 
Yuuki

As much as I'd like to get two more Bettas, I don't have the money for it right now. xD

Technically... don't have the money for even one more, but.... getting one anyway. <.<;

I guess I'll just go without whichever Betta strikes me. I saw a nice black and yellow male, and a beautiful blue and purple female too though. @-@

-shakes head-
I've been taken over by the Betta addiction now.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its hard to decide. Pick out the ones you like the best and narrow it down to just a couple and go from there. Pick the colors you like best, whether its male or female.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #5 
Yuuki

I'll probably end up with a female, they're just so tiny and cute. x3

Still, anyone know about this tank? Eclipse System 3. I've found it on sale for $33, so I need to jump on it soon. @-@
Old 08-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #6 
bettababe321

I have the five gallon version of the eclipse tank and I love it! My betta is very happy with it. I have heard good things about the minibow as well, I think either one would be a great choice
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #7 
Yuuki

Thanks for your opinion on those tanks! I would go for the 5 gallon if I had the room, but my bookshelf can only fit two tanks about 3 gallons each. T-T

Hmmm, I think I'll go for the Eclipse tank, at this price, it's cheaper than getting another MiniBow plus a filter.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #8 
Kim

I've found that males and females next to eachother seems to be better than 2 males. That way it's more of a showing off contest than a "I must defend my territory and get all stressed out over it" kinda thing.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

LOL. Just go with whichever ones "speak" to you. I just got two 1.5 gal. betta tanks for my birthday over the weekend. This will bring me up to 5 bettas and I just got my first one in July. I'm thinking of a few females this time but we'll see about that :)

I'm going to return the 1.5 gal. tanks and upgrade to the 2.5 mini bows bc I've been online all morning looking for good heaters for the 1.5. The only one I can find is not adjustable and only brings the tank temp up a few degrees over room temp. You don't say where you live but something that small isn't going to work here in the Northeast with the kind of winters we have.

Good luck with whatever you decide...
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #10 
Yuuki

My betta loves his 2.5 MiniBow. And I love it because it's simple to set up and clean. If only I could find another one for the low $16 I paid for that one...

I'm in North Carolina, so our Winters aren't so bad. I am putting a nice heater in the tank(s) once we start having cooler nights though. Testing out a heater right now in fact. :3