Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #21 
Midnightwolf6

I went to walmart on Saturday and decided to check out the bettas. They had put them on a huge shelf all spread out so people could see them clearly and the first one I spotted, right in front, was a big white male VT covered in a layer of white fuzzy stuff, dead. =[ I was very sad, he looked like he was very pretty at one point.
Than I found two purple CTs. I wanted one very badly bbutt currently no where to put them. =[
Midnightwolf6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #22 
5green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwolf6 View Post
I went to walmart on Saturday and decided to check out the bettas. They had put them on a huge shelf all spread out so people could see them clearly and the first one I spotted, right in front, was a big white male VT covered in a layer of white fuzzy stuff, dead. =[ I was very sad, he looked like he was very pretty at one point.
Than I found two purple CTs. I wanted one very badly bbutt currently no where to put them. =[
i wouldve still gotten them
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #23 
FancifulFish

Unhappy

We have a relatively new PetSmart in my area, and the bettas seem to be in better shape then our local PetCo, which has been in business for a while. When I was in PetCo and looking at their aquariums, I noticed a poor little soul in his cup, who had obviously died. I told the one clerk about it, and all he had to say was, "Yeah, it looks like it's dead." What a moron! Obviously, just an idiot who collects a paycheck, but doesn't give a hoot about what he's doing. Our Walmart, which is a super center does not carry any fish. The older store when it was open, did. Some people are in the wrong business. That's for sure!

FancifulFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #24 
Midnightwolf6

Quote:
i wouldve still gotten them
I really have no where to put them..plus I had a stubborn boyfriend along who did not want me getting any fish right now since I do have no where to put them.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #25 
loppy656

Quote:
I really have no where to put them..plus I had a stubborn boyfriend along who did not want me getting any fish right now since I do have no where to put them.
lol. bye them then make room.=)
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #26 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFish View Post
We have a relatively new PetSmart in my area, and the bettas seem to be in better shape then our local PetCo, which has been in business for a while. When I was in PetCo and looking at their aquariums, I noticed a poor little soul in his cup, who had obviously died. I told the one clerk about it, and all he had to say was, "Yeah, it looks like it's dead." What a moron! Obviously, just an idiot who collects a paycheck, but doesn't give a hoot about what he's doing. Our Walmart, which is a super center does not carry any fish. The older store when it was open, did. Some people are in the wrong business. That's for sure!

yep
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #27 
Midnightwolf6

Quote:
lol. bye them then make room.=)
I'm hoping they'll still be there the next time I go. Kinda doubt it but i'm hopin lol I have a 10 gallon i'm currently setting up but its not ready for fish yet.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #28 
loppy656

hurry!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #29 
cindylou

Wink U want betta babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppy656 View Post
My friend 5green went to a petsmart a whie a go to look at betta fish and she saw 12 dead bettas and 7 with swimblater and the rest didn't look like they where in good shape. She complaned to the manager he yelld at the gye who was supost to take care of them! The other times we went to the same pet store and nothing about the condisons of the bettas home had changed. She worte a letter to them by email and they still have not replyed. Its just sad how they care for the fish. One of the people on hear said they saw an emploey take a fish out and put it in his pocet to feed to his dog! The best place I've been for betta fish was pet land there was only one fish dead and when we told an eploey the said that they ushly didn't have dead ones. I wasin't shure if i should beleave them or not, but when i looked at the other fish they all looked nice and helthy! no diseses at all! And the employes seamed to care about them to! Finaly a place that cares about the fish.
LOPPY656 U NEED A FEMALE TO HAVE BABIES, (LOL), I JUST READ UR TWO MALES. I JUST HAD FRY HATCH THIS MORN. IT'S KINDA DIFFICULT WHEN THEY HATCH ON YOUR PART. PLEASE RESEARCH ALL U CAN. IT'S ALOT OF WORK. I'VE BEEN DOING IT ABOUT 6 YEARS AND I'M STILL LEARNING.

Last edited by cindylou; 09-08-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: HHHHHH
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #30 
Rohland

Quote:

Should have stopped in the arts and crafts section, right beside there is a pile of glass vases and bowls. For like $10 and they are really big! Also there is the glass marbles you can decorate the tank with.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote