Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #31 
TianTian

Can I.... can we ask for proper grammar here? I just got a headache trying to translate all of the spelling errors and the texting language.

For example:

"i wouldve still gotten them" should be "I would've still got them." Please note the capitalization, punctuation and the past tense use of the word, "get".

Another example:

" I JUST READ UR TWO MALES." should be.... wait, I need to lay down some ground guidelines:
1. NO CAPS!!! CAPS=SHOUTING AND IT'S VERY RUDE TO TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME AND YOU LOOK REALLY IMMATURE DOING IT!
2. The use of "ur" instead of "your". My brain bleeds just a little every time I see this online.
3. So the above sentence should read: "I just read about your two males."
4. "Your" and "you're" are two completely different words. "Your" is referring to something that belongs to you. "You're" is a shortened version of "you are". Please note the apostrophe.

Can we PLEASE strive for better grammar, people? I don't mean to be rude; forgive me if I have come across as such. I simply am getting quite annoyed at the total lack of caring for our written language... and plus, if we hope to help more Bettas by talking to people, what's better?

You: (to the store manager) LEIK U SHULD STOP HURTING TEH POOR BETTAS OR I GONNA TELL MAI MUM!!!!!!!!1!!!!one!!!

or

You: (to the store manager) I would really appreciate it if someone took better care of the Bettas here. Otherwise, you will lose my business.

Do you see the difference?
I'm getting off my soapbox now, but please keep this in mind for future posts. And "IM TO BUSYYY!!" is a terrible excuse. If you're too busy, you really shouldn't be online in the first place.

Have a great day, folks!

~Eva
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #32 
okijapan

Well put Eva.
okijapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #33 
Rohland

Oh about Loppy?
I already ranted about that on another thread.
Thank you!
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #34 
TianTian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
Oh about Loppy?
I already ranted about that on another thread.
Thank you!
My "grammar rant" was not directed at anyone in particular. I mean this for everyone, myself included. All of us can work together at being better writers.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #35 
doggyhog

:)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #36 
Jupiter

Em...it's not really an issue for me. I try to type as well as I can because I personally don't like 'typin lyk dis'...but as long as I can understand what you're saying, I don't really have a problem with it.

Just thought I should throw my two cents in there.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #37 
TianTian

I usually don't have much of a problem with the occasional "lol lets get together tomarrow! :) " and other such sentences. It's when I have to scan through paragraphs of it that I get very annoyed... and it really takes a lot to annoy me.

Your two cents are appreciated, Jupiter!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #38 
Jupiter

Thanks...sorry if I offended you.

It used to bug me a lot too. I think being on the internet so much conditioned me. :s

Edit: I do have ONE internet pet-peeve, though. I cannot stand it when people Type Like This Throughout Their Whole Sentence.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #39 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou View Post
LOPPY656 U NEED A FEMALE TO HAVE BABIES, (LOL), I JUST READ UR TWO MALES. I JUST HAD FRY HATCH THIS MORN. IT'S KINDA DIFFICULT WHEN THEY HATCH ON YOUR PART. PLEASE RESEARCH ALL U CAN. IT'S ALOT OF WORK. I'VE BEEN DOING IT ABOUT 6 YEARS AND I'M STILL LEARNING.
I know I need a female to get guppys! (duh) I just wanted a nother fish now that I have one I want a girl a fish so I can bread them.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #40 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou View Post
LOPPY656 U NEED A FEMALE TO HAVE BABIES, (LOL), I JUST READ UR TWO MALES. I JUST HAD FRY HATCH THIS MORN. IT'S KINDA DIFFICULT WHEN THEY HATCH ON YOUR PART. PLEASE RESEARCH ALL U CAN. IT'S ALOT OF WORK. I'VE BEEN DOING IT ABOUT 6 YEARS AND I'M STILL LEARNING.
OMG, Your fish had babbys! Yay for you!
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote