Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #1 
AlexXx

Silk Plants

So ive read that silk plants are the best kind (besides real plants) for betas and their delicate fins. Ive been to EVERY pet store, pet supermarket, pets mart, petco, local ones, and no silk plants... Where do you all find them? or are their specific plastic / whatever ones that will do? You all seems to have some gorgeous arrangements. I would like to get a plant for my 2 fishies to hide in!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #2 
dr2b

My Petsmart doesn't carry them...however my Petco has tons of them. My other lfs has them also.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #3 
AngelicScars

I found mine at Petsmart, I've also seen a lot at Petco.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 AM   #4 
Jynx

They don't necessarily say 'silk' some just say 'cloth' or something
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #5 
dr2b

The ones I have seen don't say "silk" on them. You just know by seeing them or feeling their leaves.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #6 
Jupiter

They should sell them by the plastic plants (as least, that's where they sell it at the Petsmarts I've been to). They don't necessarily say silk, but they have more of a fabric texture compared to plastic plants. Kind of like those fake flowers you can buy. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #7 
AlexXx

ya my moms got like a few silk flowers in like nice arraignments lol, i want ot nab some :P

ill look 2marrow! thanks guys.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #8 
Vikki81207

Yeah they usually don't say silk, but you can tell they are becuase they aren't shiny like plastic
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #9 
AlexXx

finally found some fabric ones, they look great in the vase's i have for my bettas, but i think one might have cut freckles tail fin... unless i did it scooping her in during a water change... i donno... salt bath for her soon i guess.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #10 
AlexXx

AUgh i forgot to say freckles seems to love the plant, she goes in and out and lurks inside and then when i come up she comes and looks at me then goes and flurries through really fast and comes back as if she wanted to show me what she could do, its adorable! But desmond doesnt seem to care abou his plant much... its just "there" for him, just like his little planting pat thing, freckles hides in it at times, but desmond has never been in his haha.... w/e as long as they are happy. i finally took desmond outa his hosptial vase after some JFC cycles... gave him a salt bath... and put him back in his big vase. Ive been searching for a bigger home for him, hopefully i can find one soon, i had my eye on this 2.5 gal kritter keeper, i think ill grab it on friday when i go back to the fish store to look for crown tails. Sorry for the rant :)