Betta Fish Forum banner

10 Gallon Divided - EMERGENCY!

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  BakaMandy 
#1 ·
My mum killed Amaro (she kills every fish she does a water change on.) and we got a male and female at the store along with a divider. They aren't moving like they did in the store. My male is now on his side in the bottom and the girl is just floating at the top. My mum just put the tank up today with Betta water conditioner and I could talk her out of adding the fish!! I don't know what to do! There is no filter, and a very thin layer of pea gravel.

#7 ·
you HAVE to acclimate but before you put two fish in the same tank you have to quarantine them for AT LEAST a week. That's probably whats wrong. And you need to make sure the temp is good.

#5 ·
when you clean the tank full changes, doyou use soap or bleach? cause thats not good. you should clean it really really well with just hot hot water, then leave it in the sun for a couple days so if their is a disease in the tank it will die.

#8 ·
I know about fish, it's my mum that doesn't. She did this before I got home from school. No soap or bleach was used. They are all gone now.

#13 ·
Yeah. When we return them, They are getting the water in the cup changed little by little with tank water, and they'll be left in their cups for a week. I'm hoping to find some nice ones and breed sometime in the future. There is a ceramic princess castle on the female's side and a pirateship on the male's side.:) I need to trim the divider, though. It's too big and very hoppable on the female's side. All the females at Petsmart are really tiny. The one I had today was bigger. The only large one. I may go to Petco and look. After I get my money back, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.