Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #1 
ShadowBlackmare

Red face I just had to get a picky eatter...HELP

Ok So I got Spunky and Violet on Wednesday. I had Dry blood worms as the main food, he wouldnt eat them unless they seemed "alive" but once I put him in the big tank he wouldnt eat them. I went to Big Als. and got a sample of forzen shrimp for him, ya a sample it was so cool ^^. but anyway, I put that into the water and he ate them, violet really dosent enjoy them but shes eat it. I also got the bio-gold pelts, I havent tried it on Spunky yet but he swear hes so picky, I cant give him shrimp all the time.I read the label it says its sometimes takes 5 days for a betta to understand the pelts are food, if he dosent eat that either so I just feed him the brine shrimp?
ShadowBlackmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #2 
sharon

can you buy live bloodworm over there,?try soaking pellets first,or try wafting the food around in a net for a while first, may spark more interest
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #3 
dr2b

That is actually normal. If you just got your bettas on Wednesday, they are acclimating to their new home and just a little stressed. Give them time, keep offering them pellets. But please do not feed bloodworms (freezedried or live or frozen) everyday. You need to feed that as a treat once a week or so and feed them 2-3 pellets 2x a day.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #4 
sharon

I feed my other fish live food 1-2 times a week, or if they are off colour, so when I finally get my first betta, hows this, live food x1 pre soaked betta pellets x4, pea x1, and fasting one day?
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #5 
dr2b

Do not give your bettas peas. They are bad for their digestive tract. Give them frozen or fd daphnia instead. I don't soak my pellets - mine has no problem with them (and refuses to ate soaked pellets).... but if your betta has problems with them like they come then go for it. You have to be careful with live food - it can contain parasites or other things. That's why many people do frozen or freeze dried.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #6 
Maryrox247

My betta spectrum is SO picky too! I give him hikari betta bio gold pellets and he will eat the first one then put the next one in his mouth and spit it out and repeat over and over! Why is he doing that?! how do i get him to stop? Oh yeah aand he must be healthy cause i gave him fd bloodworm and he INHALED it and he has a small bubblenest and is active.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote