Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #1 
ChristinaRoss

Talking Newbie rescues SEVEN bettas because of THIS forum :)

ok so hello everyone. a little back story on me and my aquatic adventures:

I have a 55 gallon community tank with guppies, platies, neons, mollies and the like.
Well I discovered this forum a couple of months ago and have been searching it immensely for various information. THANK YOU posters!

The other day I came across the Betta section, well I have been mesmerized by all of the pictures on here of all your bettas :)

I had one a few years ago that lived for almost 6 years! His name was Patriot, thanks to my son lol

anyhoo, so ive been surfing on here and heard about all this "rescuing" you all do from the pet stores.
So today, I loaded up my baby and went to petsmart ^-^ . i went with getting only 2 in mind, hehe

well i felt compelled to rescue more! so i have 5 males and 2 females. yay!!!!

Beautiful little creatures, ill post pics one day. i have each of the males in one gallon wide mouth glass jars "for now"
i will be getting them their own little tanks as soon as i can find some good deals on craigslist. I know the one gallon isnt optimal, but, hey, at least their NOT in a CUP! i hate that. it makes my skin crawl.
i wish i could take them all home, but, as soon as i find THESE guys tanks, im sure i will be getting more. i have already devised a way to have as many as possible on a custom built "bookshelf" woohoo

oh, and the 2 females are now in my 55 gallon tank. they are swimming all over the place, must feel like an ocean to them now. I know 2 isnt the best for a sorority but i only add 2 at a time to my 55. i will be adding 2 more females next weekend im sure :)

(hubby is out of town) so all i have to say to hubby is: welcome to my NEW addiction!!! LOL
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Yes, bettas are very addictive! I have 8 myself. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Huh. Maybe I can rescue JUST seven more. LOL.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #4 
ChristinaRoss

well considering i havent had a betta in a few years, i think picking up 7 and rescuing is thrilling. i love my guppies, lord knows, but bettas are fast becoming my new favs. now, to just think of the right names for them all :)
any suggestions?
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Congrats on your new friends. They're addicting aren't they? I started with my first in July and now I'm up to 5.

I don't have an inch of space left here but when we move to a bigger place, I'll have it full of rescue bettas :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #6 
Splinter492

GOOD JOB! and post some pics of your new bettas for us all to drool at ;D
Splinter492 is offline   Reply With Quote