Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #1 
RoseyD

So excited!!!

I've been considering to get a 10 gallon tank and set it up with a divider ...

BUT ... my fish are SO gonna love me ... I found a Craigslist add for two tanks with stands ... a 20 gallon High, and a 15 gallon high ...

for $45

- I'm going to pick them up tonight.

So - my 20 gallon High - will have a divider if I can figure out how to make one... (I'm not exactly good at creating stuff.) For Lancelot and Roland to live in. Each side should be 12" x 12" x 18" tall. ...

And the 15 gallon High will be for a king betta or plakat female? :) If I can find one... Meaning - I can get another betta soon... So how cool is that? :)
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Wow!! Awesome deal!!!!!

There ya go!! http://www.fishforum.com/diy-aquariu...ividers-21866/
:)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #3 
Vikki81207

Awesome! I would get a king betta from Petco. I've always wanted a king betta. Can't wait for pics!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #4 
ScentedLove

Sounds awesome!
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #5 
doggyhog

You could also divide the 15 gallon! They would get like...7 gallons each!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #6 
Vikki81207

Yeah you could divide the 15 and put your two bettas in there. Then divide the 20 and get 2 king bettas! Or a king and a female plakat.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #7 
neenjar

Congrats in the good find, your fish will love the new homes!
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #8 
RoseyD

I'd be really afraid to divide the 15 gallon since it's a High - not a long - model. The tank is only about 15" wide and I think about 20" or so deep... it wouldn't give the betta's much top room...

No, I'd rather turn it into a community tank with some small bottom/mid level fish - and the betta can be free to roam the whole tank as he/she feels fit.

The tanks don't come with hoods, filters, or lights - so it may be a few weeks before I will have them set up appropriately for fish. I'm debating whether to make them into planted tanks or not - meaning that they'll be easier to keep maintained once they're set up - but, I'll have considerable expense ahead to get the hood/lighting to match plants...

Once these are all set up - I might be able to turn lancelot's 2.5 planted tank into a shrimp tank... or maybe put Mini in there ... until she grows to a size decent enough to handle the big girls in my sorority tank.

Any of these tanks will need considerable effort to master lower circulation - and I don't know how I'm going to figure out the equation of these tall tanks with dividers... will that mean putting powerheads in each side? My Koralia works well in my 'opened' 20g High - but, I can only imagine how powerful the current would be with a divider blocking it, midway.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #9 
RoseyD

Ok, I just researched and discovered that there is enough room to do a divider for the 15 - so, my plans are changing -

the dimensions are - 20 1/4 x 10 1/2 x 18 3/4

meaning that each side ould be about 10 x 10 x 18. It may not be 'perfect sized digs - but, 7.5 gallons per fish wouldn't be bad - and, if I can find a decent light for this tank, I'd love to make it natural planted with lots of floaters so the fish can hang out in them at the top without working so hard. :)

So - if I'm able to do that with the 15 gallon (for Roland and Lancelot) - then, I could try to have a sorority tank for king bettas or plakats in the 20 H? Now wouldn't that be something...
Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #10 
Rohland

if you move lacelot and roland, you will get another tank and bowl to get two more bettas :)
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote