Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #1 
AlexXx

10 gallons!

Alright so i finally splurged and got a 10 gallon kit! Got some gravel, and a lil plant and put a cup in for 2night if desmond wants to hide. I was rushed outa the pet shop cuz it was closing time. But 2marrow im going to go get some more gravel a another plant or 2... and then somthing cool for decoration! I want to eventually divide the tank... because i got a AMAZING double tail today! You should see this thing... i wish i had a camera so i could take pics for ya... Its so beautiful! Im in love. And im naming it Smokey :) its kinda smokey black with highlights of blood red, looks so hot! Hes in a little vase for now next to my female freckles, and she is all hot and bothered with his stripes and what not! Hes not paying attention but shes dancing around like she wants some. Any way. I want to divide the 10 gal, like i said, should i wait for the tank to cycle? or wait a week.... or wait 2 weeks? or what!? Id really love to know! Id like to give him lots of swimming room asap. Also is wood ok for bettas to be around or u think it might damage their fins!? Thank you much everyone!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #2 
Vikki81207

Sounds great! I would quaratine the new guy for a week. Who are you putting the the 10 gallon?? If you really wanted you could divide it in 3, like I've done. I know you can use driftwood, pretty sure you've got to boil it. I've never used it so hopefully someone else can help you there. If you don't have a filter for the 10 gallon then you don't need to cycle it, if you do I can't help you with that either lol. Can't wait for pics!!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #3 
AlexXx

ive got a filter on it! and Desmond has the whole thing to himself, I was planning on leaving Smokey in the vase for a week or so to let Desmond get some time in the tank alone to spread his fins and get around a bit. Hes LOVING life right now, never seen him swim so fast! I hope this helps him get ride of his fin rot by being able to spread out. Im going to start giving him salt baths once a day for the next couple days, the jfc didnt work, and plus i gotta give Smokey a few cuz hes got a mild bit of fin rot! Vikki! whats your AIM! so its easier for my to ask questions :) You always respond to me. If u dont have AIM just add my on facebook. Alex Galazka is my name.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #4 
Vikki81207

lol my aim is victoriamarie209
Old 09-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #5 
Vikki81207

Is your name Alex Galazka or Aleksander Galazka? Theres just those two lol
Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #6 
AlexXx

haha Alex Galazka, i know i added that one dude, hes from poland, im polish decent, so i thought it was very interesting, but that kid is like 10... im 21 haha :)
Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #7 
Jupiter

I have a cat named Smokey! Lol.
But he does sounds lovely.

As for cycling, I'm not sure. I'm cycling my tank too, I was thinking of giving it a week before I bought the fish. This is my 3rd day now.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #8 
AlexXx

Well, i have Desmond living in the 10 gal now, like i said, i just dont know when it will be ready for Smokey! im going to give it 2 weeks, while he is quarenteened then go ahead and do it. Im waiting for pet shops to open now and gunna get some more decor for the 10 gal, its pretty empty, just a plant and a temp cup :) im spending way to much money! ahh
Old 09-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #9 
Vikki81207

I added you on myspace and facebook. Cuz I'm cool like that lol.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #10 
AlexXx

How soon should i change water? and gravel syphine? the lady at the pet store said not for weeks... but online it says after a week do 10%?! anyone?

@vikki :) k