Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #11 
Rohland

Oh, yes I believe Ive seen that before.
If you aren't ready I don't think you should force your fish to do it.
I'm going to wait atleast a year before i even attempt to breed.
So, I will read read read until then, and become friends with Mr. Vampire and Vikki so I can gain the most knowledge possible. And eventually when im ready maybe breed.
My reason, we need more beautiful bettas in Canada.

I won't judge you however 5 Green because I am still unfamiliar with breeding bettas and don't know that much yet. However it seems to me like you dont have an appropriate grow out tank.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #12 
andakin

i dont see the difference between that thread and this one. its just a bunch of people ganging up on him again.

other than being time consuming, breeding is not a hard thing to do. all you need is dedication and a great deal of interest. if you have some common sense and the resource, everything should click.

feel free to flame.
andakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #13 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andakin View Post
i dont see the difference between that thread and this one. its just a bunch of people ganging up on him again.

other than being time consuming, breeding is not a hard thing to do. all you need is dedication and a great deal of interest. if you have some common sense and the resource, everything should click.

feel free to flame.
You're a relatively new member, so I don't think you were here when Vikki tried to breed her bettas before. She had researched, planned, and had done everything possible for her bettas. In the end? She still lost one. Breeding bettas is NOT easy to do. It's easily possible for one or both of the bettas to get badly injured. You have to plan extensively. You have to condition them. You have to have multiple tanks, one for breeding and the other for growing the bettas. You then have to have jars upon jars for them when they get older. Last of all you have to have a plan for what you're going to do with them when they're older. It's not easy or cheap.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its not like you can just throw them together and hope for the best. Things can happen if you aren't careful and things can even happen that you are totally unprepared for when you ARE careful and know what you are doing. You have to put a lot of preparation into it. You can't just throw them together just because your male has a huge bubblenest and your female is full of eggs. You have to have the appropriate food ready for the fry as soon as they are free swimming.You can't just say, "oh, my fry are free swimming now, what do I feed them"?You have to figure out what to do with all the babies and have jars to put them in when they get old enough to separate. You have to plan things out days in advance before you put your pair together.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #15 
andakin

i for one am new to bettas. had my first post been about wanting to breed rather than showing a successful spawn, i would have been shunned by this community as well. no one would have believed me if i said i have done enough research.

if he says he's done his research, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? the first reaction people got here was 'sigh' without even hearing him out. kinda unfair i think. he should not need permission from anyone here.
andakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #16 
bettababe321

I think if he really wants to breed then he's going to no matter what anyone tells him. I belive instead of repeating the thread CodeRed posted and trying to convince him not to breed we should be offering him advice and doing everything we can to help him have a successfull spawn. This forum is supposed to be about helping people with their bettas and I think.. for the sake of his fish.. we should stop trying to discourage him ( it clearly isn't working and if he really thinks he can handle it it's not really up to us to tell him not to try) and try to help him as much as we can. If just discourage him and he breeds anyway he may be hesitant to ask for help if things go wrong fearing the "I told you so!" So for the sake of the fish I say if he wants to try and is going to no matter how anyone feels about it then all we can do is be supportive and try to help in anyway we can.
Sorry for such a long post but I didn't chime in last time this disscussion came up and I just wanted to share my oppinion.
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #17 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by andakin View Post
i for one am new to bettas. had my first post been about wanting to breed rather than showing a successful spawn, i would have been shunned by this community as well. no one would have believed me if i said i have done enough research.

if he says he's done his research, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? the first reaction people got here was 'sigh' without even hearing him out. kinda unfair i think. he should not need permission from anyone here.
I relly like you. ditto
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #18 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettababe321 View Post
I think if he really wants to breed then he's going to no matter what anyone tells him. I belive instead of repeating the thread CodeRed posted and trying to convince him not to breed we should be offering him advice and doing everything we can to help him have a successfull spawn. This forum is supposed to be about helping people with their bettas and I think.. for the sake of his fish.. we should stop trying to discourage him ( it clearly isn't working and if he really thinks he can handle it it's not really up to us to tell him not to try) and try to help him as much as we can. If just discourage him and he breeds anyway he may be hesitant to ask for help if things go wrong fearing the "I told you so!" So for the sake of the fish I say if he wants to try and is going to no matter how anyone feels about it then all we can do is be supportive and try to help in anyway we can.
Sorry for such a long post but I didn't chime in last time this disscussion came up and I just wanted to share my oppinion.
ditto totly
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #19 
loppy656

I don't want to make a relly long post but mine was going to be somthing like the posts that INCURGED her.=)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #20 
5green

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
You're a relatively new member, so I don't think you were here when Vikki tried to breed her bettas before. She had researched, planned, and had done everything possible for her bettas. In the end? She still lost one. Breeding bettas is NOT easy to do. It's easily possible for one or both of the bettas to get badly injured. You have to plan extensively. You have to condition them. You have to have multiple tanks, one for breeding and the other for growing the bettas. You then have to have jars upon jars for them when they get older. Last of all you have to have a plan for what you're going to do with them when they're older. It's not easy or cheap.
well why dont you tell vikki what you told me or mrvampire how do you know that i havent planned or reasearched
5green is offline   Reply With Quote