Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #1 
Nightwisp

We Don't Know What to Do

My roommate and I are at PetSmart and found a DTHM that we are highly concerned about. His fins looked clamped but we aren't entirely sure.

Help?????
Nightwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #2 
AquaScaper6

Dont worry. i have kept many a betta in my day. i know many people suggest against this, but you should tap on the plastic. if he doesnt fan out at all, i would not get him. i would try petco, i like their variety, they have some ggggoooooorrrrggggeeeoooouuuussss bettas,...., though it can get just a tad expensive.....
i you have your heart compleeeeeettllyyy set on him....i would give him an anti-fungal remedy and put about two teaspoons aquarium salt per gallon. hope i helped. :)
AquaScaper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #3 
Nightwisp

We were considering rescuing him but are unsure as to the care he may need. We were at Petco Earlier ogling the females and some delta tails.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #4 
AquaScaper6

i looovvveeee you! delta tails are my alltime favs!
i once found a half-moon delta tail male in blue and steel, holy cow, he was amazing, but i already had a betta and this amazing one cost 15 dollars. :(
any ways, i would say not to get the one you wanted before, medicine runs high for fish and he will most likely die, sorry
AquaScaper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #5 
Nightwisp

I really want a delta tail. I also want a rose tail and a crown tail. As well as a sorority.

We are torn leaving this guy here if we have the means to possibly rehabilitate him. I've rehabilitated three others, but don't know quite how to help this one.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #6 
Laki

I hate to break it to you.. Looks like a very badly labelled veiltail. I could be wrong but his anal fin is shaped differently than my deltatail's all along the belly. The fin damage on this poor fish is pretty bad. Rescue him, put him in some nice warm clean water. Don't need to add salt or anything yet, let's just see what he looks like in fresh water!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #7 
SurfinCrab

I agree with Laki. This guy looks like my Templeton when I got him. Same color, same condition. He is doing great now, two weeks later. All I did was give him clean water and a larger place to swim. He's quite the comical fish too.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #8 
Espeon

Nightwisp's roommate here. So we showed the poor little guy to the manager, who thanked us for showing her and said that they'll medicate him. Hopefully, he'll be feeling better soon.
Espeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #9 
Luminescent

That's about what my guy looked like when I got him. He was an lfs pitypurchase. Now he is:

Luminescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #10 
Laki

Wow, what a difference! I hate to think what the manager will do to "medicate" the fish. Bettas are credit items on stock so dead ones can be credited back for live ones in the next shipment. I bet they add methalyne blue and do nothing else. Chances are he'll die and be replaced next shipment. Such a waste of life pet stores are :<
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote