betta fish

Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Great pics! He's beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #12 
doggyhog

Wow!! LOVE them! The male looks a lot like the first betta I ever had... :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #13 
DragonFish

Thanks guys! XD

He's actually only the second male I've ever owned(unless you count Max), first CT ever xD I have to say, the CT might be my fav tail type
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #14 
fishyinpa

Very pretty!!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #15 
DragonFish

Aright, I have a question.....since the only male bettas I'd ever spent a significant about of time with was Sasuke, whos just totally laid back and loves to watch me, and Max, who just wants to jump out and sit in your lap, it surprised me how jumpy my new guy is. I know each is an individual(which is why I love 'em so much), but it just seems.....a little over the top to be his personality. I'm always carful not to move to quickly up to a tank with a new fish in it, but the second he sees me he'll spazz, rapidly swim around his side and bump into everything, and then dive under a plant or into his rock cave. If I sit there long enough, he'll come out and flare at me, but if I move he goes nuts agaon. If I watch from a distance, I can see him cruising around the tank a little, occasionally flaring at his reflection, but otherwise pretty calm....then he'll go crazy if I come closer. I wonder if I'm just scary I suppose he's just getting used to me and not being in a tiny cup? I just don't want to stress him out more then necessary and end up loosing him ><;;;
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #16 
PinkDiamond

Beautiful, congrats! Your little female is absolutely adorable and the male is stunning! I've never seen a betta with coloring like his!
PinkDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Dragonfish, I think your betta will calm down after he gets used to his new surroundings. Some are afraid of new things and some are not.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #18 
sumsum

Beautiful colors!!!!! I think my next Betta will be a Crown Tail.:) Such pretty colors and fins on CT's!
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #19 
Ilovebettafish

very pretty!!
Ilovebettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #20 
DragonFish

xDDD Thanks you guys. Yeah, hes doing a little better now.....totally hilarious though. Hes starting to realize that I'm the one giving him the food and not something thats going to eat him Hes still a spazz, but hes definitely less stressed....I suppose having 5 gallons to himself was a shocker after being kept in a tiny cup.

My girl is doing wonderfully, I was honestly worried about putting her with the others...all of them had been bought and introduced at the same time. However, it seems my method of removing everyone, switching plants around, and letting the newbie explore for a little first while worked wonders. I think I'm really lucky or something, my girls just aren't that aggressive

On a side note, I went out to my LPS today....and came home with another male ><; Making a thread for him and his loveliness here in a minute xD