Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1 
SurfinCrab

Should I Get Him?

Back on August 30, I went to Petsmart to get a fish that was calling me. (you can check my post) Right next to him was an almost Identical Twin. Two white marbles, double tails. I know this because I looked at the sticker on the bottom and it was dated 4-13-13. Today I went back and he was still there. Same fish. Now my guy had a date of 3-13. He has developed into a beautiful fish. So this poor guy is still there. He's still healthy. They take good care of their fish. He's still bland, white with spots, ragged tail. He is 17.99, their most expensive fish. So, Should I Get Him?

Yes, I'm sure it's the same fish.
SurfinCrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #2 
Soph7244

Yes! whatever speaks to you! when i get my first betta, i instantly fell in love with him. same with the baby i have now!
Soph7244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #3 
SurfinCrab

Well, I got him. He's already turning a deep purple with white from his dingy gray. I have no name yet. Pictures to come.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #4 
galtgirl

Good for you. I got a very nice delta tail from Petco. He's still much smaller than my guy from Aquabid but he's really a nice fish. That's him on my avatar...Little Bob.
galtgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #5 
fidget

Can't wait to see pics!
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you got him. I can't wait to see pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #7 
galtgirl

Look what you started!!

All this talk of baby bettas from Petco got to me, so I went to Petsmart today and got a plastic 1 gallon w/lid for $5.99. Added a heater I already have, some gravel, a hidey hole rock and a thermometer. Filled it with conditioned water and will watch and see if the temp stays acceptable. The heater is one I never used but it's not adjustable so I am not sure it's going to keep the water between 78-81.
If not, I guess I'll be buying a new heater as well as a NEW BABY.

This will be fun, I think. I've got the tank set up in the kitchen where I can keep a close eye on the little one. If it makes it I'll buy a bigger tank and keep this as a hospital tank.

Wish me Luck. I'll post pix as soon as I get my baby.
Attached Images

galtgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #8 
SurfinCrab

lol. ha ha. yes when the fish gets in your head it's hard to get out.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #9 
beautiful Betta

if he is in no life threatening danger, you don't need to feel guilty for not buying him, you just have to think they all need a good home, and if something else catches your eye you should go with what you are going to enjoy viewing and caring for daily for the rest of his life. It does sound a little harsh I know, but when it comes to buying a fish, go with what you like, you will always see fish in the pet stores looking poorly, and if it gets to you buy from a alternative source, which I know is hard to do when you always think I can save one, I know because I have done it myself, but I will always buy what as called to me and what looks healthy, it doesn't always have to be the lively one, but ones who's fins are intact and show no visible illnesses. I do praise people who will buy a sick one, and nurse it back to health, but for me I would worry too much and get upset if it died and always think what if I had of done that, or this instead, so it isn't worth the stress to myself, sorry I have gone on a bit, just giving you my opinion.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote