Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #1 
jnsmith1

Walmart has no idea

Wow! I went to walmart today to pick up some stone for the bottom of the fish tank. It was a lot closer than my usual petco (40 miles away). Anyway, I haven't been in their fish section in years. I was looking at all the little fish and they seemed so sluggish, very sad. then I noticed movement and a lot of it. Some idiot had put two male CTs in one of those small ups together. The red one had nearly killed the yellow one. nearly all the fin was gone. I have never thrown a fit in a store the way I did today.

there was no attendant so I went in search of someone and found one person who said something besides "its not my section". When they came over they said, oh they are just playing.

Needless to say I stayed right there opening cabinets and drawers and trying my best to get something set up to transfer the fish to. Halfway through the employee asked if I was A) going to pay for this stuff and B) am I buying the fish and C) and am I going to tell a manager.

I am just a mess right now.
jnsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #2 
Jynx

eeew
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #3 
doggyhog

UHEEWWW. I heard that some stupid kids did that at my local walmart.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

That happened at one of my petstores and they moved the bettas where an employee could keep an eye on them at all times.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

Ugh, that irritates me to no end!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #6 
Vikki81207

So horrible! UGH!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #7 
AlexXx

Wow..
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #8 
bugwitch

Wal Mart is just evil...all around evil. Yes, they have taken many steps to improve their image...however, their image is just that. If you look at the true substance of the chain & the people who own it, you will find nothing but a string of purely capitalistic, inconsiderate & often illegal incidents.

I have not shopped their in years. I am a college student, and as such, am broke the majority of the time, but I still won't do it. This is just one more reason for me to not go there.

Want a tip to get the same price but at a different store? Often stores will have price match guarantees...go to the walmart website, print off the price of what you want, and take it to another store.

Okay...sorry about the rant. Your little story irked be and brought up some stuff apparently.
bugwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #9 
Jupiter

I shop at Zellers more than Walmart because Zellers doesn't keep fish. that's just cruel. :/
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #10 
cindylou

you know i'm not taking up for wal-mart but they are just doing as they r told, i used to work there and the district manager wouldn't even let us feed the fish, needless to say i snuck and did it anyway. You r right though, they have a partition going on a site i believe it is walmart and betta fish where u can sign a partition on the net to get them to quit selling bettas. Another thing i hate is when someone sets the cups on top of one another and the betta underneath is dead from lack of oxogen, employees should have to walk around every hour and check these things, i'm like u, don't get me started with walmart. I'll shut up now. Thx for listening guys.

Last edited by cindylou; 09-08-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: MISS SPELLED
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote