Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #1 
CodeRed

Sorority Question

As some know, I'm planning a 55 gallon sorority, and I had a quick question...;
Would you be able to take one or two females out for breeding, then put them back in? Or would that create mass havoc among the pecking order? I'm asking because my mom is actually letting me consider breeding my boys o.O And I could have many bettas soon to choose from.
Anyways, I've created a ... picture of how I think the tank'll look. Look away if your eyes bleed easily (:

So, you can see Devin and Vulcan will be getting the spots of honor near the girls, which should make them very happy (: Anyways, I know the sorority area is a little bare, but come on! That's hard to make! xDD It'll have more plants in real life.
So, is it alright to take a girl or two out sometimes?
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #2 
AngelicScars

I don't know how it would work if you removed the girls then replaced them later.
I do believe though, that if you put the males next to the females for long periods of time they'd get used to each other and will not spawn.
Someone might have to correct me on that though.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #3 
ElmoFish

I was actually thinking about a similar setup if I could get my hands on a 30+ gallon tank, and I was wondering if having the males around would cause the females to be more aggressive and cause the sorority not to work out well.. has anyone actually used a similar setup before, with males next to a group of females? (sorry to hijack your thread CodeRed, but I think the answer to both of our questions can probably be answered at the same time, by someone who's done it before..)
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #4 
Splinter492

Code red:if you take one out you should take em all out and put them back in all at the same time.
Elmofish:the females might be aggressive at first but overtime they should calm down, it really depends on your female aggression level and how many hiding places you haveand how many fish you have.
Splinter492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter492 View Post
Code red:if you take one out you should take em all out and put them back in all at the same time.
Elmofish:the females might be aggressive at first but overtime they should calm down, it really depends on your female aggression level and how many hiding places you haveand how many fish you have.
Thanks! (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote