Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #1 
AlexXx

Treament method? tank swap.

Alright well as you may or may not know Desmond is in a 10 gal, while its being cycled, its nearly a week into it and hes doing great. Ammonia is till at 0 so just waiting for the spike. Demsonds has some fin rot... there is still no regrowth. I was hoping maybe having him in a bigger tank instead of his hosptial vase he would spread his fins and grow grow grow! sadly... no... So i want to try another cycle of JFC or JFE. And maybe some Meta fix for a week. I have just treated Smokey, my DT with JFC for about 8 days now, and i want to get him outa that beer pitcher, hes behind more active now and hes not loosing any more finnage. Hes even blown a few bubbles. So would it be safe to take Desmond out of the cycling tank and replace him with Smokey, treat Desmond for a week, let Smokey rest from treatments then switch them up again and treat smokey again. Would this mess up the cycling process? Would this hurt either fish? Let me know! thank you! i would love to get both their fin rot ended with some salt baths and JFE. Really hope this works out. Let me know.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #2 
ElmoFish

Because they're both very sensitive right now, either one is probably going to end up with fin rot again from the ammonia spike, I know that sounds terrible, but cycling a tank with fish in it is hard on them regardless.. you'll probably want to have the most healthy fish in the cycling tank, and keep a very close eye on him, and keep up the water changes, even more than once a day if necessary to keep the ammonia down..
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #3 
sumsum

I would definatly keep the tankl as clean as the fish can handele without becoming to stressed.
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #4 
sumsum

Sorry I meant tank not tankl.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #5 
AlexXx

Ya ive been checking the ammonia so i guess ill wait till the cycling is over. I just feel bad smokey is chillin in this pitcher for almost a week, he looks so bored lol. Meanwhile desmond is just having the time of his life in this 10 gal... i plan on dividing the 10 any why for them both! I will most deff keep up with the water changes thats no problem, i just have to wait for the spike to occur cuz as of today nearly a week in its still at 0!
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #6 
sumsum

Even if he's only in a pitcher it's still way bigger than a petstore cup!