Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #1 
loppy656

Angry The things pet stores do.

My friend 5green went to a petsmart a whie a go to look at betta fish and she saw 12 dead bettas and 7 with swimblater and the rest didn't look like they where in good shape. She complaned to the manager he yelld at the gye who was supost to take care of them! The other times we went to the same pet store and nothing about the condisons of the bettas home had changed. She worte a letter to them by email and they still have not replyed. Its just sad how they care for the fish. One of the people on hear said they saw an emploey take a fish out and put it in his pocet to feed to his dog! The best place I've been for betta fish was pet land there was only one fish dead and when we told an eploey the said that they ushly didn't have dead ones. I wasin't shure if i should beleave them or not, but when i looked at the other fish they all looked nice and helthy! no diseses at all! And the employes seamed to care about them to! Finaly a place that cares about the fish.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #2 
Ilovemyshiny

it does suck and most of the time you cant change anything, and then sometimes places do get in sick batches of fish, occasion you can make a difference, you just need to be smart about it. i dont believe boycoting works, but i believe persistance does. it took me 2 weeks of talking to a diferent manager 4 times week at walmart but finally for the last two weeks their has been no poor treatment of the fish. clean water, and not in with other fish. which is what i was trying to change. you can make a small difference sometimes.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #3 
sumsum

When I bought Mr. McFish he was one of the only ones that didn't look sick. Some of the people on here should get jobs in the fish department of petstores to save the bettas!
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #4 
loppy656

ok
Old 08-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #5 
5green

i want a job at petco but i am to young =( and in my petland theyput the bettas in tiny cups 3x smaller than the ones at petsmart and the manager thought that the bettas lived in puddles HOW STUPID ARE THEY
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #6 
BettaSquirt

Very Stupid. xD
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:33 PM   #7 
ltshinthebetta

My Walmart does a good job with their betta fish....I havent noticed any problems with them.
Although, I dont plan on buying anymore fish from there
I bought Shin, my first betta there, and he only lived a month with me, and same for Kiro. =(

My local pet store keeps them in TINY cups but I bought William and my sister's betta fish from there and they have been doing wonderful. :)
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #8 
5green

same with my jojo got him at walmart and died a month later coincidence i dthink soont
Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #9 
5green

sorry made a typo coincidence i dont think so
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #10 
loppy656

stuped target.