Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #1 
TianTian

PRESENTING: The Quest for a New Betta

I finally went over to Petco today after running a few errands. It was raining heavily, it was humid and the bus was cramped and smelled a little off-color...

But I arrived at Petco, a whole half-hour later, only to be disappointed by the stock they had.

They had TONS of crowntails (particularly females), but none of them appealed to me. They were all very dark-- too dark for my tastes. Then they had some opaque/yellow Bettas but one of them looked like his anal fin was getting a serious case of finrot and another looked as if he was bleeding...?

Furthermore, the only cute female CT that I liked was dead in her cup. She was all white with red fins.

Upon noticing this, I pointed it out to one of the store workers and he removed the Betta immediately. I asked if I got a free Betta for pointing out the dead one; he said no. But I did get offered a discount on food and water conditioner for later.

I saw ONE fish that might have caught my fancy; a purple/green/brown/yellow/blue Delta male. I mean, woah this fish was like a hippie! He was handsome, but he didn't strike a personal chord with me, as did Tian-Tian and Taco.

So no fish today. Perhaps next week, when I finally get some funds in my bank account. Hopefully by then there will be new stock and I'll be ready to bring my new buddy home.
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Oh... I'm sorry. :(

I know you'll find a PERFECT one soon!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #3 
TianTian

Update: Just mapped out my journey to Petsmart by bus. It's gonna be close to an hour and a half there and back. By car, it would only take me 20 minutes.

Why don't I have a car?? More importantly, why are my local pet stores so far from campus??

Anyway, that Petsmart was where I bought Tian-Tian. Though their stock is probably older, I know they usually have a wider variety of stock.

However, there is also a slim chance that I'll be able to go to my hometown this weekend, in which I MIGHT be able to stop by my local LFS (where I bought Taco). I know my folks at LFS and they'd be more willing to help me out (though their water conditioner is a little more expensive than main-chain stores like Petco).

We'll have to see!!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

I'm sorry you haven't found any bettas yet. But I hope you do soon!
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Ugh, I know what you mean! I have a 6 hour break on Wednesdays, but sometimes it hardly seems worth it if I have to rush to get there.

Sorry to hear about that, though. Hope you find your perfect Betta soon.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #6 
sumsum

Hope you find a good one!!!
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry you couldn't find one today.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #8 
TianTian

Greetings, all!

I'm at my folks' place for the weekend, doing some studying and recovering. Since my car accident a few months back, my back is still giving me some hefty problems... and I'm glued to a chair because I rolled on my left ankle in Tae Kwon Do last week, so I'm down and out for the count!!

Anyway, I'm hoping I can coerce one of my folks into running over to a pet store with me and see if I can't rescue a sick Betta for free or something. At this point, healthy or not I just need a Betta in my life again.

And now, study break over.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #9 
doggyhog

Sorry about your back!! I hope you feel well again!!!

I hope you find the perfect fishy!!!!!!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your back and ankle! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Good luck with the betta search.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote