Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #1 
DieselJunki

Fin Rot?

I know this probably gets asked a thousand million times but here it goes.

I recently purchased a betta. He is a blue delta tail and I already love him to bits. BUT! I think he has fin rot . I've read other posts on here and looked at pictures. It's only been a couple days. I think I may just go to the LPS (hopefully sometime this week. I'm 18 and don't have my stupid license yet it sucks) and grab some aquarium salt and bettafix and give him the salt bath I was reading about here.

Here's a pic of him. He doesn't have a name. He is currently in a marineland 6. I used alot of filter media from my 10 gallon to seed his tank. Params are ammonia - 0 , nitrites - 0 , and sadly i havnt tested nitrates because i ran out of the drops but will be getting more when I go to the LPS. He loves to play in the filter current on the bottom. Always swimming swimming towards it and letting it take him back and then doing it again. I was thinking about modding it though to make the current less even though it doesn't seem to strong *shrug* I don't know lol.

It was soooo hard to get good pictures of him. I even put him in the little tub he came in but still didn't get very good ones haha.
DieselJunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #2 
crowntail lover

Just house him in a cup...with water changed every day..and the temp at 81..then add aquar. salt..and he will be just fine in a few days..to a week! :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think you can keep the water in a cup at 81 degrees.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote