Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #21 
hollyk

Great- thanks, Jayloo! That's really what my gut was saying, but I think the CT is so cute! haha All good info to know. I've looked- for some reason, I can't seem to find any shows in my area. I'll have to look again. So I don't know that I'll ever be showing bettas, but I would like the offspring to be show-quality for potential homes for the fry. Thanks again!
hollyk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #22 
Jayloo

If you like the CT get her too. I'm sure you can find a male somewhere. Also I think you should join the International Betta Congress (IBC) ... Shows are in different areas usually Indiana, California, sand Texas... You got to ship the fish there and they will be shipped back! :) or sold at auction!
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #23 
hollyk

Gah, I don't need any more bettas! lol I'm considering it, but I really don't need any more! I don't have time to care for 2 spawns. I really want to try it once and see how it goes. I may decide to never breed again. But hmmm.... so tempting. It would be fun to be forced to buy a pretty male crowntail to go with her! hee hee hee
Old 10-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #24 
hollyk

And I'm planning to join the IBC as soon as I have a little more money. Shipping a beloved betta to a show makes me a little nervous, though. Rehoming shipping is one thing, but to ship it for a show... I don't know...
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #25 
Jayloo

Once you spawn the one pair you will be hooked and I will not need to persuade you at all :)
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

We would be happy for you to join the IBC. There are people that will help you out, answer any questions you have and they'll give you help and advice on shipping. It's a great organization!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #27 
Ilikebutterflies

Quote:
That green girl would still wipe the floor compared to the girl originally posted in any show or breeding program.
Absolutely! Beautiful form and fins on her.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #28 
hollyk

October 31st, when I get paid, I'll join the IBC! Right now, I'm happy if I can afford 1 meal a day, and my 1 meal is coming out of a vending machine or a Ramen noodle cup.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #29 
hollyk

She's posted another green female... October 31st (pay day) can't come fast enough! I wish I could've gotten the other one, though- I liked the blue-green rather than just green. I might wait for another one or see if she has one that's got more blue. It's not that I don't like her color, and I like the marble in her line, but I'm wondering what the offspring would look like. Thoughts? Thanks to everyone for all your advice!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #30 
hollyk

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1382852801