Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #1 
katherine

chinese fighting fish

hi my nameis katherine and i just wanted to know if ayone knows how big a fish tank for a fighting fich on its own has to be. i am going to get one but i cant becasue i dont now how big the fishtank needs to be so i cant buy a fishtank meaning i cant buy the fish, please if anyone knows how big a tank should be for a chinese fighting fish please tel me thankyou
katherine
Old 08-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #2 
Nick

Hey welcome to fishforum.com

I personaly would recommend a 10 gallon kit. It is easy to set up and comes with the main things you need. ( you may need a heater ) Like I said easy to set up and if you wanted any other fish later on you could do that. And you have a little room to put decorations and gravel etc...

Nick
Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #3 
girlofgod

if you are talking about a betta fish, then i purchased a one-gallon setup when i bought my fish, for 10 bucks. it came with a cute little plastic tank and a hood and and air pump. it has been more than enough room for my one betta fish. i've had him in that tank for over a year. i'm no expert, but seems to me that this would be sufficient for your present needs. =)

bri
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #4 
joeshmoe

well they have some 10 gal that come whith lots of stuff for only 30 buckers. you dont realy need a heater BUT you do need a filter . betta r pretty easy fish . or you can get a betta in a vase for a round 10-20 bucks. but you cant put a filter in that one.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #5 
Nick

Still thinking she should just go witht he 10 gallon kit. Just means even more room for the fish:)
Old 08-24-2006, 02:34 AM   #6 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
To clear this, betta splendens will easily thrive even in a 5 gallons tank although they like it better if the tank has more space. 10 gallons is already suitable for them.

Katherine, if you are thinking of adding more fish, you may try 6 neon tetras but this is not the right time for you to get any fish until you cycled your tank via fishless cycle.

It's best that you add the neons only after the tank reaches 6 months of maturity. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #7 
katherine

hey thanks for all the advice buit i am going to gt a vase fot my betta fish. i just wanted to now how big the vase i am going to get has to be becasue i dont wanto to make it suffer in a small tank and i dont want to wadte money on a bog tank. i just want to now the average size. thank you
katherine
Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #8 
katherine

hey now i have got my betta fish and i have him in a vase, tomorow i am going to go and buy some pebles, a plants...... for the vase and i just wanted to know how often do i clean this tank and do i feed him once a day or once 2 day or what????? help me!?!?!?!?! :(
Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #9 
katherine

hi im katherine again i also wanted to know what kind of plants do betta or chinese foghting fish like in there vases , you now lik to decorate
thanks
katherine
Old 08-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #10 
katherine

hey sorry to bug again but i forgot to ask, can i put a comon gold fish and a chinese fighting fish together or would it be better not to???
Closed Thread