Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #11 
LostxinthexMusic

Is there any bloating? She doesn't look like she's pineconing to me... My guy will look a little like that when the light hits him at just the right angle and I'm lookig at him from slightly above. Has her behavior changed at all?
LostxinthexMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #12 
Tank Gurl

Thank you hollyk. No changes, I did treat the few showing signs with the fungus clear, hoping to see improvement over the next couple day. Im stumped on this one too. It came out of nowhere.
Tank Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #13 
Tank Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostxinthexMusic View Post
Is there any bloating? She doesn't look like she's pineconing to me... My guy will look a little like that when the light hits him at just the right angle and I'm lookig at him from slightly above. Has her behavior changed at all?
No she isn't bloated, still eats like a monster, i can tell from looking from the side her scales are a tiny bit raised up on her head. then my boy cyril showed some signs of raising scales too. I was really hoping it was just my eyes messing with me, but im not 100% sure so i still treated her and cyril, was that ok?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #14 
LostxinthexMusic

I mean, it can't hurt. It's just a bit of unnecessary stress if there's nothing actually wrong.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #15 
Tank Gurl

Both of their tanks are wrapped in dark towels to hopefully bring down whatever stress i may have caused them.

Ok, now how should i go about the next couple days as to filtering the fungus clear out and doing water changes? The package did not give my those instrucutions..

I wont replenish the fungus clear with my water changes, but im still curious if i should still use the IAL extract with her or any of my babies for that matter..
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #16 
Tank Gurl

So Trinette seems to still be pin coning even in the fungus clear. What do I do? The bottle didn't give me instructions on how long to leave her in there with the meds and how to filter it out?? And if that fungus clear doesn't stop her pine coning what else can i do?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #17 
LostxinthexMusic

Activated carbon will filter out the meds
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #18 
Tank Gurl

Crud, I dont have filters. I was hoping to get all my boys set up proper in 2 weeks but i found out i have to move in January. So they are all still in their temp 1.5g tanks, no heaters or filters. Any other way?

Also any suggestions on what else to medicate her with if this doesn't work?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #19 
LostxinthexMusic

Considering there are no other symptoms, it's hard to determine what she has, and therefore even harder to determine how to treat.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #20 
Tank Gurl

I know this is so strange. Ive never dealt with dropsy before. And still no other signs. She not bloating, hanging out at the top of he tank, eats like a beast. When i got her she was on the verge of death, laying on the bottom, clamped fins, very thin. I thought she was doing so well, then i put IAL extract in and boom, little pine cone. Should i keep her in the meds for anohter night then do a 25-50% water change to start filtering it out?