Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #21 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyk View Post
No problem! That way, any time you want them back, they're still here for you. I would feel horrible if anything happened, though. But I do have meds for various illnesses- Kanaplex, Jungle Fungus Clear, etc.

I think you could probably ship them for $15-20. There's a sticky on this section of the forum about how to ship a betta. They might be able to all go in the same box.
Are you doing a sort of fish-sitting until she gets back on her feet? That's so nice of you!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #22 
hollyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Are you doing a sort of fish-sitting until she gets back on her feet? That's so nice of you!
Thanks! I'm just a nice person, I guess... As far as animals are concerned, anyways... lol

Yeah, I know she doesn't want to lose them, so if I can just "foster" them until she's back on her feet from the move and job search and everything, that works for me. Just checking in on shipping costs and stuff. I'm happy to take the time with them, but I don't have a lot of money to ship them right now.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #23 
PetMania

Oh. I was going to give them a permanent home. I didn't know if that was her intended purpose. We live close *3-4 hours away, so I assumed I could take them in. I love raising babies. My female baby is almost grown up. They grow up so fast.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #24 
hollyk

I think the original plan was permanent homes. I threw a wrench in things by offering to foster them. Like I said, I'll take some of them, all of them, whatever. I don't know how well babies usually ship, and if the longer distance is safe for them. It might not be... But whatever Tank Gurl wants to do, I'm cool with.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #25 
PetMania

That's why I offered to take the babies, so they wouldn't have to travel as far, and the VT is absolutely gorgeous. I want to have them for at least 3 yrs. ;)

Do you have any ideas on the gender of the babies?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #26 
hollyk

I don't even know the sex of my own baby. lol I keep thinking it's a boy, because I don't see an ovipostor, although I know that even some male babies have them, so that's not a set in stone way to measure it. He tries to attack his own reflection in the glass, though, and even tries to take on Pip, an adult male, who is in a tank next to him. He doesn't flare yet (he doesn't even have any color yet), so I don't know. My baby sexing experience is nonexistent.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #27 
PetMania

Hehe. My baby has an egg spot. And her belly is round and yellowish like there's eggs in there. I know it's not bloat because she swimming perfectly. Only time will tell, I guess. That one DT baby could be a female. Do females get the double tail? Or only the males?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #28 
hollyk

I think I've seen female double tails. I've never owned a double tail of either sex... They're so darn cute, though! I can't wait to see what mine grows up to look like!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #29 
PetMania

Jarvis is quite a site. Black body, red DT tail with black and blue rims. Too bad I can't breed him, lol. I can imagine the offspring he would make.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #30 
hollyk

Wow. Sounds pretty! Sounds a little similar to Tank Gurl's "Kane"!
Closed Thread