Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #11 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryia View Post
Ok I will follow your advice. Is it ok to leave the male in the breeder tank or will he be too territorial once the female is added?

Also, (just wondering) is there any reason why they cannot see each other? And there are a couple torn fins, is there anything I can treat them with so the wound doesn't get infected?

I have been conditioning them with live black worms, live fruit flies and will be adding daphnia or brine shrimp to the lot. Though I heard a full protein diet might not suit well for Betta and some type of plant-based food should be added?
You could leave the male in the tank. The fins will heal fin no infection as long as the water is clean.

The reason for not letting them see each other is... When they see each other too much they can become use to each other and the spark is not there when you want it. Some say the stress of seeing each other is not good. So people might leave the females with in site of male it depends. Maybe others can add some info about this.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #12 
Aryia

I've also read that you can add another male in a cup/jar to create competition which will spark the other male's interest in the female. Has anyone tried this before?
Aryia is offline   Reply With Quote