Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #11 
Espeon

Also, here's a picture of him from just now. You can see the damage on his fins a little bit.
Attached Images

Espeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #12 
Tank Gurl

Good on your for saving him! I hope he starts perking up, im sure he will with some TLC. =)

Last edited by Tank Gurl; 10-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Tank Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #13 
Tank Gurl

=)edit, sorry

Last edited by Tank Gurl; 10-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Tank Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #14 
Aquatail

I'm glad he's feeling better! :) He's going to be very beautiful when he's all better.

On a side note, I love your username!
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #15 
PetMania

He's on a good path to recovery :)
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #16 
Espeon

Thank you, everyone! :) I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on his recovery!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #17 
ANHEL123

He is very beautiful! And i love your bettas names! Oh and thank you for rescuing both of them:)
Just in case to be on the safe side do not share anything between them in case Acarnan has something contagious going on. The caudal fins are damaged, but looks like tail biting though. The blackened edges on the other fins looks like his normal coloration.

Do daily water changes . Stress coat is very good idea. If you can get frozen blood worms , it has a lot of protein and really good for the immune system. Also NLS has garlic in it and also really good quality pellets.
The best quality pellets are
http://www.bigalspets.com/betta-form...lets-50-g.html

http://www.petco.com/product/116563/...FdGe4AodsXAArg

About salt. I think if he is getting better with water changes do not use salt. Salt is very good and helpful when needed . But it also stressful on kidneys . So if he is getting better then i think he will continue to improve without a salt. Also at any time when you using salt it should be therapeutic dose . The therapeutic dose is 1 tsp/gall up to 3 tsp/gall. And just make sure you always pre mix and make sure its dissolve before you put it in the tank.
Give us update please;)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #18 
Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
He is very beautiful! And i love your bettas names! Oh and thank you for rescuing both of them:)
Just in case to be on the safe side do not share anything between them in case Acarnan has something contagious going on. The caudal fins are damaged, but looks like tail biting though. The blackened edges on the other fins looks like his normal coloration.

Do daily water changes . Stress coat is very good idea. If you can get frozen blood worms , it has a lot of protein and really good for the immune system. Also NLS has garlic in it and also really good quality pellets.
The best quality pellets are
http://www.bigalspets.com/betta-form...lets-50-g.html

http://www.petco.com/product/116563/...FdGe4AodsXAArg

About salt. I think if he is getting better with water changes do not use salt. Salt is very good and helpful when needed . But it also stressful on kidneys . So if he is getting better then i think he will continue to improve without a salt. Also at any time when you using salt it should be therapeutic dose . The therapeutic dose is 1 tsp/gall up to 3 tsp/gall. And just make sure you always pre mix and make sure its dissolve before you put it in the tank.
Give us update please;)
Thank you! :) I haven't been sharing anything between them, no worries. I thought it was fin rot because of the blackened edges, but I could be wrong. I haven't seen him biting his tail or anything, but he could've been stressed at Petco. When I went to clean out the cup he was in after I put him in the bowl, there was this brownish stuff at the bottom that was pretty gross. He was also breathing heavily and stayed towards the bottom of the bowl the first night I brought him home.

I have been changing his water daily and will look into getting Stress Coat. The pellets I feed both of my bettas are NLS, and he did eat some bloodworms this morning. I've only been putting in a tsp of salt since he's in a 1g. Thanks for all your help! I will be sure to keep you guys posted on Acarnan's recovery.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

I would do daily water changes for now. You can alternate it between 50% and full water changes. If you do want to use salt then you can use 1tsp/gall with daily water changes and redose salt with every water change:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #20 
PetMania

Do not use salt treatment for more than ten days. The salt is bad for a bettas organs, and they can only take so much.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, fin rot, petco, rescue, sick