Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #21 
Espeon

I have been doing daily water changes for him and will stop using salt in a few days. I'm going to order Stress Coat for him, too, and Amazon says it should be here by Tuesday.
Espeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #22 
ANHEL123

Oh good ! I just compared the pictures from post #1 and post 11 and i am not sure if those black tips really his normal coloration or fin rot. Looks like he has some black in his coloration. Do you think the tips are smudged or clean?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #23 
Espeon

I think it's fin rot, but I could be wrong. It doesn't really look like tail biting and he has dark edges where pieces of his fins are missing, but I tried to get a picture of him so you can see better. He just ate, so that's why it looks like he as a little bulge.

Also, it might be just me, but I think his fins are starting to get redder! I hope that's a good sign.
Attached Images

Last edited by Espeon; 10-28-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

It is good sign. Hmm not sure about fin rot. He has a lot of dark in his coloration. Keep doing daily water changes. Do daily pictures for comparison and see how he doing. If it will be better or worse . Give it a few days see how he doing. He is courageous. I really think if it fin rot and he will get worse you will be able to see it. You can buy API Triple Sulfa just in case you need it. Its a good one for fin rot and you keep receipt so you can return it. If it a fin rot he will get worse pretty fast and you will be able to see it.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #25 
Espeon

He seems to be doing better just comparing the most recent pictures to the first one, but we'll see how things go from here. He's perked up quite a bit, too. I will continue to do daily water changes, and I just picked up API Stress Coat from Petco. Hopefully, that'll help him.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #26 
ANHEL123

Give us updated please in a little bit to see how he doing:) I still don't know what is that damage on his dorsal fins. First i thought its a tail biting now i am not sure. So i guess you right see how he doing with water changes and stress coat. I know i wrote it before but don't remember if it was in your thread so excuse me if i will repeat.You using water conditioner already , so when you put stress coat do not use full dosage of it since its also a water conditioner. Put a quarter of it per gallon.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #27 
Espeon

Here he is today - I'm thinking of stopping with the aquarium salt and just using Stress Coat. I've only been using the salt for four days, but I think his fins are starting to look better and I don't want to damage his organs or anything. I've been keeping up with the 100% water changes, too.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

Keep doing water changes and stress coat. If it too much job with full daily water changes , you can alternate daily water changes between 50% and full water changes. I like this picture because his fins are spread you can see his fins very well. I think if he is acting healthy and eating do just water and stress coat. Make picture again in 2 days to for comparison. Not sure now about his anal fins, the picture before that look bit different. This picture you can see them better. They not look full grown though.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #29 
ANHEL123

How is he doing?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #30 
Espeon

I got two pictures of him today (since he wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a good picture of him)! I've still been doing daily water changes and treating him with just Stress Coat. I'm thinking of moving him to the 2.5g pretty soon.

It's kind hard to believe he's only been here for eight days.
Attached Images

Tags
emergency, fin rot, petco, rescue, sick