Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #11 
ElmoFish

What kind of "sucker fish" are you talking about? Remora's (what's commonly referred to as a sucker fish) grow to be over a foot long and should not be housed in a 3 gallon tank. A 3 gallon tank is really only big enough for 1 betta with no tankmates..
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #12 
fuzzy

hes an alge eater. not sure what kind, my dad picked him, and hes really small like the lenght of a finger. http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/ca...lgae-Eater.jpg is what we bough.
fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #13 
Ilovemyshiny

are you feeding your algea eater as well? i doubt theirs enough algea yet for him, so i would suggest going out and getting algae wafers, that tank isnt really big enought, you should as soon as possible get a bigger tank. good luck wiht your first beta :D
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #14 
Jupiter

I don't know what kind of algae eater that is, but keeping him in a 3 gal isn't a very good idea. Most algae eaters get to be quite big, and some get aggressive too. If you want something to eat your algae, there are some shrimp that will do the job for you and take up far less space. ;)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #15 
spazz

It looks like a chinese algae eater. As they get older they get territorial. Someone correct me if I am wrong
spazz is offline   Reply With Quote