Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #1 
Catie79

Wanted: Dragon and/or Marble VT Female

Hi, I'm looking to get my VT breeding project off the ground. I'm looking for an end goal of red and white marbles. To get there, I'm going to need some dragons/platinums and some marbles. Getting VT females in any color except Cambodian and blue/red is difficult, so I'm reaching out to the bettafish community.

Do you have any VT females in marble or dragon scale/platinum that need a home? I'm willing to pay for the female and to cover shipping. Please have a clear picture. I'm only interested in VT females.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #2 
txbettaowner

she is a spoonheaded VT grizzle female I purchased from Walmart. Now the spoonheaded might breed into the genes. Just letting you know but she is a grizzle and grizzle means she has marble genes in her. If you are interested I'd gladly ship her to you once I buy heat pack. Please let me know. I also have another VT female that is a rescue but she has a brown body with red fins. No marble or dragon in her from what I can tell.
Attached Images

txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #3 
Ilikebutterflies

Cambodian is actually a pretty safe bet. If you can find a good cambo female snap her up. The tricky part is "good" cambodian. You want a flesh colored body without shine. They are everywhere so take your time and find a good one. What you are going to fight with is the "red marble" part. You will have to introduce a "marble" in the red layer or under. That means NO white, NO irid. You may get by with black. Black may be your best bet finding marbles anyways. Don't be afraid to use other tail types when getting your color down. Breed for color first because VT is a dominant tail type anyway. You could lose length but nothing you can't get right back by breeding back. You may be able to get there by way of orange dots as well-orange dots aren't marble based so you wouldn't be getting "marbles" but a fixed pattern instead. You may find the easiest path could be by using KOI. Yellow or orange marbles are also great. They are essentially red anyway.

Most important of all is do not introduce any irid(blue/green) and try to stay away from iridescence. I think you can probably work with black and breed it out by way of selection and cambodian cross breedings.

Look for strong caudal peduncles and good top lines because those are the hardest to breed back in after breeding to junk. Fins are fairly easy to fix. Start with color because you will cry when the fish that has the best form and finnage in your spawn is the wrong completely incompatible color.

Last edited by Ilikebutterflies; 11-07-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote