Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #1 
Niece

(Help & questions & Betta revive)

So my female Pisces hasn't been eating for awhile now, and I thought it was because I changed her to a new tank. Well this was a will back and she still hasn't changed. And now I've noticed that she doesn't move much and looks bloated and I think she has some sort of fungus.
So I have some betta revive. It's all I have I've never used it would this be a good idea to give her a bath in this with some aquarium salt? I plan on doing this in a one gallon.
Anyways also my boy that I bought from petco has finrot which he had when I purchased him. I thought this would get better with warm clean water to which I've been doing now he still has it, but he's doing well I mean he's active he eats everything seems normal except fins. So could I use betta revive on him as well.
I'm more worried about the girl honestly she's the one acting the worst.

I have her in a 1.5 or 2 gal tank can't remember right now. I do 100% water changes every 3rd day. it's at 79 or 80 right now I believe (i'm at my gmas right now but that's what it was before I came down here)

Boy is the same temp only he's in a 3 gal.

I'm just wondering if this betta revive stuff will help til I can get something else for it. I don't have the cash right now, and i'm worried about it :[ but like I said the boy seems to be doing ok hasn't gotten worse or anything it's my girl i'm mainly stressing over. But would aquarium salt be ok to use on them or should I just use the revive?
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #2 
LostxinthexMusic

For the boy, you're actually better off lowering his temp; fin rot thrives in warmer water. And don't bother with the BettaRevive, you should be fine with a bit of aquarium salt (1 tsp. per gal) in his tank for up to 2 weeks.

As for the girl, I'm not sure. If you could fill out the sticky for her, that would be very helpful.
LostxinthexMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #3 
Niece

Housing
What size is your tank? 1.5 to 2 gal not sure.
What temperature is your tank? 79
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Yes
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Well she hasn't eaten for a while but before that omega one pellets, and blood worms once a week.
How often do you feed your betta fish? everyday except on fast day but she only got one blood worm.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? every 3rd day.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Prime

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? Don't test.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? No color is fine she looks ok except looks like I overfeed but I haven't.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? won't eat. less movement. clamped fins sometimes.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 3 weeks ago maybe but her appearance wasn't like it is now I thought maybe it was her getting used to a new tank.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? betta revive. It says one drop per 16 ounces but I only did 1 per gallon.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? None since I got her.
How old is your fish (approximately)? 2 years i'm pretty sure i'm probably only a month or two off.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #4 
Aryia

How long has she not been eating? A couple days / week?
Aryia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #5 
Niece

Well it started with her maybe only eating a couple days a week and very little if she did. Then I couldn't get her to eat anything there for a while so I thought ok i'll order different food. Got some nls pellets she won't touch them. I also got some brine shrimp and I don't know if she ate any of this or not. It's the hikari? or whatever kind and there in cubes well I put to much in so I couldn't tell what she ate and didn't but I cleaned the tank out maybe 20 mins after that just to make sure to get it all out and give her time to eat. That's when she started looking bigger so maybe she did? but I didn't feed her today and i'll see how she looks tomorrow.