Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #11 
loppy656

did you say you have a gost shrimp or some thing that eats the food off the bottem of the tank? Because if you do then they might have eaten her shotly after she died without you noticing. Did you see her asleap shotly before she disaperd? If so she could have ben dead and you thought she was asleap.
( sorry about your fish)

If only she did go thrugh a portale an one day she will magicly apper.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #12 
DragonFish

Well the tank is a 20 long, I can barley lift it myself when its empty...I'd rather not completely tear it down. I've already taken everything out and looked through it all with a flashlight....I think thats probably just as thorough.
I don't have a lid or top at actually, the tank previously held hermit crabs and a hood costs around $40-$50 around here, so right now I've got to live without one. I know she could have jumped out, but both my dad and I got on our hands and knees with flashlights and looked behind the gradenza and found nothing so I'm pretty sure she didn't jump.

I have a clown pleco and a snail, its very likely that if she died she would have been eaten, but I can't figure out a reason for her death. She was perfectly active that day, swimming with the other girls and playing with Mira, no sighs of lethargy, stress, or sickness. Just there one minute and gone the next.

That would be cool though, if she and Jinx suddenly appeared a couple months from now
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #13 
Ilovemyshiny

oh my god you to!! vanilla was the only fish in her tank with a sealed lid, i fed her 2 hours earlier came back and she was gone. i searched for ever, never found a body, and so i left the water in the tank hoping she would come back and she never did, when i cleaned out the tank i still found no body. i swear their is a female beta portal. some is stealing our girls!!
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #14 
Jupiter

Sorry to hear about your fish!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think MrVampire is stealing everyone's females! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #16 
doggyhog

Oh my gosh DQ!!! LOL!!! :D

I'm going to watch mine like a hawk now....
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

Maybe she went shopping? LOL. Sorry I know this is a serious deal. I hope you find her.

I swear I didn't take her (thinks "OMG they found out!!!" LOL).
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #18 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think MrVampire is stealing everyone's females! lol
I was gunna say that! xD But then I decided it might not be so good...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #19 
Ilovemyshiny

lol, well honestly if you did i would really like one of her spawn she was beautiful....my pride and joy (sniff...sniff). well im going on the shes not dead, she just found a portal to another world, hopefully a really great one for betas...
i think some god reallly likes female betas.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #20 
DragonFish

xDD lol guys! Thanks for your support, and the jokes do make me feel a little better

MrV has created a portal machine and has been coming through to take our bettas! Locks can no longer keep him out! xD

-sigh- It is frustrating not knowing what happened though and even more frustrating that this totally brought my breeding plans to a halt....ugh, I wish my LFS stocked a variety of females more often...

Oh well, on the bright side I got to rescue Jirou, my new CT I'm so excited about being able to care for and nurse him back to heath....I blame it on feminine instinct
And he'd be a pretty match with Phoenix So even though its sets me back a few months until he heals, at least not all is lost!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote