Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #331 
brettwashere

You could try taking all of them out, float them all and re introduce at the same time. Worked for me. Or just time out the trouble makers
brettwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #332 
jeffegg2

Cool

Chances are she was sick and you just did not know it yet. A healthy fish would be able to run and hide. Unless you have the tank over crowded?

Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
Hi! I just got a betta sorority! I had 2 females at first and they were great! They would swim with each other like bffs! But i read online it wasnt good to only add 2! so i went and bought 2 more(a little smaller in size). I took them all out and rearranged the tank. I then added the two newcomers. About 30 minutes later i added my old 2. There was a little bit of fighting at first between three of them, but it ceceded after a while. But the other female i introduced they all hated! They would seek her out just to attack her! Shes ok now cuzshe hides in the plants ( she also blends in well with my gravel.) but after three days i woke up and found one of my females( the new one that was accepted) torn to shreds! Her fins were gone and a chunk was out of her stomach! Why did they do this if they already accepted her?
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #333 
Yaoilover12397

I'm unsure if this was answered before but I'm having a little issue with one of my girls who is going to be shipped at a later date than the other girls. Due to some kind of Thai holiday, my question is how should this effect my settling the girls in?

How do I settle this girl in with the others?
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #334 
LittleBeta

I have one female that keeps attacking one of my others (the one I've had longer). The one that's being attacked hasn't done anything to the one attacking her. I took the one that was attacking out for the night but when I put her back in today she started attacking the other one again O.o there completely ignoring the third female I have in there to.

What should I do?
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #335 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBeta
I have one female that keeps attacking one of my others (the one I've had longer). The one that's being attacked hasn't done anything to the one attacking her. I took the one that was attacking out for the night but when I put her back in today she started attacking the other one again O.o there completely ignoring the third female I have in there to.

What should I do?
I ended up having to put my newest girl into her own tank because she was not going to work in a sorority setting. That is probably what you're going to have to do yourself.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #336 
LittleBeta

All right... But I've all so herd that having more would reduce the nipping. Would that help any in this situation?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #337 
ZergyMonster

Having more only spreads out the aggression but it doesn't stop it. I have had over 9 girls and I have had trouble with 3 of them. Some girls are just not going to work. If you can have at least 4 girls acting peacefully then you should keep them together and either return the others or give them their own tank.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #338 
LittleBeta

I only have three at the moment sadly :/
If I get another one soon and that still doesn't work I'll give the aggressive one her own tank or put her in with 'the family fish' (none of the Bettas- 55 gallon)
Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #339 
ZergyMonster

I've had points where I only had 3 bettas but I added more when I had the chance. I'm not saying 3 won't work but it is definitely recommended.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #340 
Yaoilover12397

I'm unsure if this was answered before but I'm having a little issue with one of my girls who is going to be shipped at a later date than the other girls. Due to some kind of Thai holiday, my question is how should this effect my settling the girls in?

How do I settle this girl in with the others?