Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #341 
Bombalurina

How long after the others will she be shipped? Can you keep them in temporary seperate tanks until you have all of them?

If not, when the new girl arrives, take everything out and re-arrange the tank, float them all where they can see each other, then add them all back in.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #342 
Yaoilover12397

Actually, luck may be on my side, the transhippers date got changed so I should be getting them all at the same time. Thank you though Bom.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #343 
jaela

Just wanted to cosy up in here because the girls for my first sorority are shipping tomorrow! I'm really excited -- I keep making last-minute adjustments to the tank and fussing about, trying to make sure everything will be perfect for them.

Quick question, where do your girls hang out when they're resting? Do they all seem to find separate spots and stick to them, and what kinds of places seem to be their favourites in tanks with multiple girls?
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #344 
EmilyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaela View Post
Quick question, where do your girls hang out when they're resting? Do they all seem to find separate spots and stick to them, and what kinds of places seem to be their favourites in tanks with multiple girls?
My girls like the pennywort plant the best. they also like the big fake reef because its the only really dark place to hide. They stick to the same spot for a few days max then go rest someplace else.
EmilyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #345 
jaela

Introduced my girls today! There's been some flaring and chasing, one episode where a fin got nipped a bit, but all in all seems to be going well!

(sorry about the water spots! it's been a busy day of introductions so I haven't cleaned the glass yet!)
There are six girls in here, one is hiding behind a plant in this picture. I've got a couple more ornaments and several more plants coming soon so they can have even more hiding spaces and such.
jaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #346 
GienahClarette

Hey guys, my sorority recently collapsed, so I thought I'd put up what happened so you can learn from my mistakes.

The girls all did pretty well until I had to leave town and hire a fish sitter. When I came back, there was a columnaris infection going around and several of the girls were infected. After the first girl died, I couldn't find her body for a day since she went and hid so the others wouldn't bother her. Warning, GIRLS WILL EAT THEIR DEAD. That infected the rest of the girls, giving them columnaris and dropsy from the infection before I could even locate the body. I took out all of the decorations and disinfected them, and the body turned up a day later.

They all died one by one, until the last girl. She's doing alright right now. But, I cannot express how sad the entire experience made me. They can look fantastic, then drop dead the next day as the others sense her weakness and go in for a kill. Please consider my experience before getting a sorority. I'm not trying to say anyone is a bad fish keeper. But, I'm starting to think sororities aren't such a great idea.

It was lovely seeing the girls hang out together and they did so well until I had to leave for a few days. I miss them all.
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #347 
ootfifawithbubba

im going to make a sorority place when i have my own house and money XD
ootfifawithbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #348 
ootfifawithbubba

HEY DIDNT I PUT MY PROFILE PIC UP , grr brb ppl
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #349 
ootfifawithbubba

it is up but its not showing on my comuter? thats weird
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #350 
ZergyMonster

Make sure that you have it as your 'Avatar' picture and not your profile picture.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote