Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #471 
pyro fiend

well they do exist they even have breeders who try to make only purple babies. but it dont usually happen 100% maybe its a recesiv trait? or a nondominant whatsoever?? [shrug] no idea.. 2 of my boys have purple in their colors tho :P thats all ik..XD
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #472 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
well they do exist they even have breeders who try to make only purple babies. but it dont usually happen 100% maybe its a recesiv trait? or a nondominant whatsoever?? [shrug] no idea.. 2 of my boys have purple in their colors tho :P thats all ik..XD
those are the lucky ones. though the most i find are false purples. its a rare colour in my book to say the least.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #473 
pyro fiend

ya i talked to a few breedesr around here who have a real purple. one i went to his house.. he has a niiice 75g npt sorority with 4 dif purple females a ct pk vt and double tail i seen all 4 and my heart melted.. wanted them soo bad :'( i asked "how much would it cost just to get the vt" he said he cant put a price on it.. but if he had to..itd be at least a 100 for her </3 lol im sure a lil of thats gota do with emotional attatchment but still :'( purples are kinda rare. it aint paints you wont get the purple from red n blue.. youl just get red and blue XD
Old 09-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #474 
nel3

there's an LRS/LFS that got a green betta. i have no potograghic evidence as he told me this many months after he happened to come across it. he said it definetely wasnt a turquoise type of green. he didnt elaborate its fate but from the sounds of it, it was a genuine green betta.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #475 
pyro fiend

:( well back on topic [haha nel me n u are so bad ;P] iv updated my hopefully soon to be sorority :) i added 3 amazon swords and took out the heavy filter [was used for cycling] and now im left with this.. plan on adding a plant or 2 more [types] to fill in some of the space but i think its looking great sofar! :D amazons are back right corner [behind other type of swords] in front of the driftwood and a small ones behind the driftwood lil ight of the other [wanted one there but didnt wana dig up one of the bigger ones lol]

i know i need a lil more cover and plants.. not sure how to do hides as i have no room for pots :\ and thats kinda what mine use [lil like 2in pots tho] but i do plan on getting like a fern for back left corner if my bulb dont grow n maybe a few nana's for front?:D
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #476 
teeneythebetta

@Pyro

Your tank looks nice! I think a tall plant right near the center would defenitely help a lot.
They reccomend that if you look on one side of the tank that you cant see the other side, that's how full it's reccomended to fill with plants.

Good luck with your sorority!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #477 
pyro fiend

well im trying to let them grow as they are all small 4in plants [tho amazons were like 5in+] and i bought some betta bulbs hoping at least one of those proves out :) il prob only put 4 girls in this 20high and nothing elese unless i find a Malaysian trumpet snail or something. so if i add say 1 tube of anubia, a few nana plants in front and the one seed in the tank. i think ill be set. again lettign them grow too and hoping i get my seeds to work [one ik is a dud its still rock hard after almost 3 weeks. and one looks like its sprouting lil leaves maybe but hoping it getting so cold the othr day wiel i was asleep with windows open didnt kill it]

im wanting them to grow a bit so i have no casualties. also gona use as few females and plants as i think i can. again like i said im not done iv still got 2 or 3 tubes to buy [they hav 3+ plants in them usually] and im by nomeans adding girls any time soon. iv still got them in QT and still gota buy 2 of them lmao then wait 3 weeks on their QT XD im in no rush im just easing along and hoping more then one fish can call this home :P i dont feel i can plant it as well sence the driftwoods in thereand i wana be able to at least kinda see the wood :P
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #478 
emeraldmaster

My cousin just bred her monstrous male veiltail with her tiney female. i will recieve many female children when they come of age. my question... can i put 6-10 females in a 25 gallon tank with a male crowntail (my betta)? the water is cycled by a pump that is a little rough( splashingwater at the surface to produce air bubbles). ps... i have 30ish guppies and neon tetras in the tank.
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #479 
teeneythebetta

No, males and females should never be housed together. Even if they don't show signs of agression, there have been people that had a male live with females for over a year before he killed them.

I suggest you have your friend seperate them before one is killed.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #480 
pyro fiend

teenys right give the male his own tank. like a 1-5g. and i fim not mistaken.. your tanks not filtered.. so it aint cycled.. its aerated.. also i think your tanks pretty overstocked as is.. you probably couldnt put even a singlelil betta without throwing the tank even further off

@teeny to you agree with the driftwood thing i said tho? think my npt sorority will be a flop?:P