Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #481 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
:( well back on topic [haha nel me n u are so bad ;P] iv updated my hopefully soon to be sorority :) i added 3 amazon swords and took out the heavy filter [was used for cycling] and now im left with this.. plan on adding a plant or 2 more [types] to fill in some of the space but i think its looking great sofar! :D amazons are back right corner [behind other type of swords] in front of the driftwood and a small ones behind the driftwood lil ight of the other [wanted one there but didnt wana dig up one of the bigger ones lol]

i know i need a lil more cover and plants.. not sure how to do hides as i have no room for pots :\ and thats kinda what mine use [lil like 2in pots tho] but i do plan on getting like a fern for back left corner if my bulb dont grow n maybe a few nana's for front?:D
Not saying there is anything wrong with what you're doing because you're doing things correctly. You are waiting for your plants to grow in. To get the kind of cover and hiding places a sorority needs you can get a lot of stem plants (Anacharis, ludwigia, wisteria, etc) and spread them all around your tank so they create a "bush" my girls love to swim in through them and find quick escape from an angry sister.
Like this:
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #482 
pyro fiend

=S now you make me feel bad.. :( ik im doing it all wrong.. im just trying to slowly build it.. im spending money i dont have to slowly build a great tank DX haha i love all the tanks i see here n want one decent lookin one.. but looks like im screwed.. may as well dig up my plants and find a normal 20 n make a comunity tank. my lps dnt sell nethng like those.. mainly few swords umbrella plants lillie pads and not much elese.. nothing you named.. n plants r expensive online :S h well ig </3 all hopes gone :S
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #483 
ZergyMonster

I never said you were doing it wrong O_o. I was just staying since you wanted hiding places for your girls I suggest using stem plants because they really do provide great cover and they grow fast enough that they will spread in your tank.

I have slowly built up to this as well, nothing happens over night, heck this was my first attempt at a sorority:

And that worked. Over the next 5 months I was able to get more and more plants just from having them grow and I am starting to throw out plants weekly.

I was telling you that you're doing a good job and to keep up the good work! Please don't think I was telling you off.

I got most of my plants from an online source such as plantedaquariumscentral.com They even have a 10% coupon code BETTAFISH. Plants can have a large upfront cost but will be worth it because you will constantly be given more and more as they grow.

People in this forum are also known to have great deals on plants and the like in the classified section. I've seen great selection and I have seen some people give out plants for free, these guys are really nice people.

Last edited by ZergyMonster; 09-11-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #484 
teeneythebetta

Yeah don't feel bad! I've seen some people have a tank with like 1 plant and 1 cave and a peaceful sorority.

You don't NEED cover it just really helps in having a successful sorority.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #485 
pyro fiend

ok i have a question.. i was ust on a casual trip to wm. and i happened to walk past the pets.. and seen pink lids.. i SCRAMMED to the bettas. for the first time in ovr a yr my wm had females. and not just any females.. thease girls are HUGE! fatter then any of my males ever where. and almost look like king males i seen at petco o.0 one girl in her cup even had virtical lines.. thats right lines going up and down :O.. now ik my tank is not ready for a sorority. but can you put smaller and larger girls together? or should i get 2 more big girls.. thease gals are so fat and pretty :3
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #486 
ZergyMonster

I've actually wondered that as well, would a king sized female be okay with regular? My first instinct would be to say no because of the possibility of disaster but I could be mistaken.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #487 
pyro fiend

well some people iv talked to say ny size can be with another so long as they are decent sized.. now my other girls are bout an inch.. whiel thease monsterous girls are 2inches or so one is pushin 3 now my mind says 3 things

1)it depends on the attitudes of a girl because if the smaller 2 are vicious then they can mes sup the big girls.
2) the bigger girls would more then likely become dominant but would be to slow to hurt the small girls
and 3) dont try it

lol now personally i think all 3 are great things to think. now iv never had my girls together. theyv seen ea other but no flaring no nothing.. but then again, i didnt put them in same tank so not 100% if they are agressiv as they couldnt reach fins :P no idea. ik some people say there dominant are big and fat and dont hurt the younger ones. but 2 small 2 large.. sounds like a disaster.. lol
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #488 
babystarz

I've learned from my sorority tank that size doesn't matter much! The little ones are faster and can fit into smaller hiding spots. The bigger girls have no trouble defending themselves but they're slow. So it works out pretty well.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #489 
pyro fiend

great to know.. th i dnt have spots to hide yet lol.. but woke up to both grls dead [new ones] s ig i dnt gta worry bout tht now -.-
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #490 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
great to know.. th i dnt have spots to hide yet lol.. but woke up to both grls dead [new ones] s ig i dnt gta worry bout tht now -.-
Aww I'm sorry :(
They passed away in quarantine? :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote