Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #491 
pyro fiend

yea they was in those rectangular oval 1g 'betta bowls' woke up one was belly up on bottom =[ other was kinda floatimg. but still breathing. cuped dead girl and went back to sleep.. woke up 2 2nd girl the same way =[ i even had betta bottled water in the tanks to try n help them sence wm is bad fishkeepers...

at first i thought my room getting cold killed first one. but my waters were ony reading 70+degrees in the 1gs and my bottle of wate was 69. but then thinking bout it.. wm dnt keep their betta warm n all my other fish r alive even my lil girls =[ so must have been stress and illness? idk =\ takin then back in lil n getting money back cuz 8bucks aint worth 2dead fish =[ n im not gna buy another from wm this month or netime soon </3
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #492 
teeneythebetta

Aww I'm sorry.
Being in too cold of water makes them prone to illness. :(

It's not your fault because they were sick before, but next time try to keep whatever they're in at least 76 degrees, preferably 78-82
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #493 
pyro fiend

yea i didnt figure one time being cold wld kill them. because my heater knocked over. and it has safty feature were it shuts self off. so it got rly cold. n when i found tht 1 dead i moved heater back n was perfect water temps for them all when i found 2nd girl dead =\ water was at 79 :C

oh well its done with ig :C

edit- its a room heater just incase you was wondering. i use it wen its cold to keep all the qt guys and or gals at perfect temps without waisting 30bucks ea on heaters they wont have/need long

Last edited by pyro fiend; 09-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #494 
Thunderloon

Betta don't suffer as quickly from temp-change shock but can suffer circulation issues from being too cool for too long.

This thread seems to have veered FAR from the original post's purpose.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #495 
betta526

Hello everyone. I just wanted to update my 30 gallon tank. Sad news. ALL my sororities passed away last week. It all happened when I introduced 6 white clouds to the tank. The day after I put the white clouds in, one white cloud died. I decided then to take them all out and returned them to the store. Then, one after another my bettas were dropping off like flies. Until there were none. I'm so sad. Missed them.

I also have 5 neon tetras in there and about 8 ghost shrimps in that tank. They were not affected. Did a large partial water change after that too. I couldn't really tell what the bettas got, but I suspect dropsy. Probably the white clouds brought some parasites with them. Lesson learned, should have quarantined the white clouds.
betta526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #496 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderloon View Post
Betta don't suffer as quickly from temp-change shock but can suffer circulation issues from being too cool for too long.

This thread seems to have veered FAR from the original post's purpose.
How? We were talking about quarantining females for a sorority.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #497 
Aahnay

Question

Well, I put 7 females into the ten yesterday. It wasnt pretty. 3 where tied to each other, and I had to separate them. Then the SHARK went for shark2 . It was so fast, SHARK bit off half of sharks tail. o.O only leaving 2 rays on the half she bit off.

They fought for a long time, before shark2 decided to hide and run, instead of fighting. Then SHARK went after the other one she was after before? Pop fought her too. They circled, then boom SHARK had Pop by the nose!

I just so freaked out.. i used the turkey baster and just put it in the water, nothing. I poofed a little water, and nothing.. Poor Pop, she was just held there. By what, one scale? I dont know.

I poofed harder and they SHARK released, but the fight continued. Finally Pop gave up too and hid.

Today, SHARK just cruises the tank and chases any of the other girls. Doesnt matter who it is. She will be after one, and it will dart and hide and then another will be close and boom she is after that one.

I think SHARK is too aggresive.. and I think perhaps shark2 may also be too agreesive. Maybe not.

Also I think SHARK used to be my fav and I had named her Mouse! But then again, the last female I brought home, all sisters, looked just like Mouse. I really dont want to separate them, but if this continues to tonight i will.

Now, should I pull shark2 out and give her a salt dip for her torn tail, and anal fins?
SHARK has her tail, but has a spot on her side, and most of her anal fin is gone.

Pop is white, or gold, or both. She has a few black specs on her and a black stripe almost in the center of her tale, body to to tip? Do fish scar? I mean a different color?

God SHARK was just chasing another one. I would think she would be so exhausted by now! She flares so big Id swear she was he. She is black with blue and has red sparks . Ive been trying to see if when she flares she has that male skin over it, but i cant ..

Aquarium magnifiers? do they still have those?

Also, can plackat females be in with non-placket females? After reading the female type recognition link above, I may have 2 placket sisters. They have very short anals, but they may be clamped more now too.

Ok thanks very much.

Pop just tried to eat the snails tentacle o.O lol. Poor snails, hahahaha

Last edited by Aahnay; 09-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #498 
pyro fiend

wo nay a book. personally idk much on these. but shark does sound super agressive.. maybe cup her and float in same tank? itl also let you see if shes a he? :)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #499 
angelus2402004

So how would you quarantine the females? If you buy whatever the amount of females for a 20 gallon is do you leave them in their cups?
angelus2402004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #500 
pyro fiend

you wana qt them in a tank themselvs. i do 1gs. cuz thats what i have available, some ppl use 2.5's others use 5-10s. they will need to be qt for about 3-4weeks. dont you think theyv been in the cups long enough?;P