Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #501 
teeneythebetta

Your best bet is to keep them in cups (which need daily water changes) or in small containers, and float those in a larger heated tank. That way everything is the proper temp but you only need 1 heater.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #502 
pyro fiend

^ what he said. or you can cheat like me, its getting cold here so i use a heater in my room it makes the temp ideal for the bettas =]
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #503 
teeneythebetta

lol thats the first time someone on here has called me a he xD
Im a girl though.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #504 
pyro fiend

sorry i dont keep up with sexes ;( and your name can kinda go to either sex o.0 lol unlike names like ...[betta name here]s_momma or proud mommy lol sorry ill try to remember next time. i dont pay attention to things like that lol </3
Old 09-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #505 
teeneythebetta

lol no thats okay, I dont expect anybody to know lol
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #506 
pyro fiend

still feel bad ;'[
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #507 
Aahnay

I put mine in 1 gallon square kinda tupper ware things from walmart.. and then put them in a big 7gal tub with a heater in it, in the center and then just used plastic mesh as tops for them.. they can see each other. I actually had to many and ended up dbling up 2 of the 1 gal with a mesh divider corner to corner, it worked well.

Since i know all my females came from the same place except one, the two newest didnt get QT for only about 1. 5 weeks. The first female i got was in qt the longest and she is the smallest. Poor little dear.

You dont need a 20 for them just a ten. Some say to just put them all into the ten as the qt and the final tank.

My shark will go in her own 4 gal when its empty, or back in with the girls, to try again. It much calmer in there but now the blueberry is the boss, but she isnt biting tails off!
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #508 
pyro fiend

thats great to hear nay, glad you have a stabile sorority. im so jelly ;p i think shark prob would do best on her own. she seems super super suuuper mean lol imo sounds even too agressive to have even a cleanup crew or a larg snail -.-
Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #509 
Aahnay

Update:

I put shark back in the sorority, and it was calmer, no tail biting, but still hectic. Then last night about 8 pm when i was feeding them , I saw it!!!!

I have eggs! Shark is a male, and he mated with blue. I only saw the last time.

Shark must be a placket too. His hangy down fins in front are short just like the girls. I pulled out the girls and all the fake stuff in there, and all but one snail, its too close to the nest.

I left him the eggs and her in there, but no more mating. I pulled her out at about 2:30 am. I read that when mating is over the male will kill the female. Since it had been hours since i saw them mating, I assumed it was over.

Lastnight I decided to give the eggs, not many, a chance, but as I lay there trying to go to sleep, I realized that was so dumb. I dont have any food for them, nor any room. I decided to take them out this am, and again, I couldnt bring myself to do it!

I cannt buy a 20 because there are none in my area. But i can buy another 10 for the sorority. Leave the eggs in the one they are in, and put the now 3 males in the ten. Or 2 in the ten, and one in the 4, which was to be the plant, snail, qt tank, always ready.

Oh well, I doubt the little guys will live, but today, the eggs that I can see do look real. He didnt make a nest, but used the leaves on the floating island for his nest. The eggs are tucked into a leaf, curled over another leaf.

He is such a good father. Too bad there arent more eggs.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #510 
pyro fiend

WOW!!! crazy!! i hope they do live :\ i myself am having a bit of a delema with a male/female. i have her in a 1g qt and has all signs of female, egg spot, same length fins and evthng of my other girl same size.. but she blows tiny bubbles like a nest around rim.. i think i may test 'her' out before adding them in the 20 [still growing so may be a lil] just so i dont have the same thing happen :\ i hope all few make it. :( sad that it happened. but id hate to see them all die :C

did you lower the water level so they dont die if the eggs fall? or are you just going to see where this goes?