Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #581 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
I don't know how long your girls have been together but sometimes it takes a few days to a week or so to settle down. 2 of my girls, when 1st introduced 2 months ago, literally tried to kill each other, i put one into an opaque bowl for a few hours floating in the tank, then re-introduced her with little to no problem. I currently have 10 females in a 46g & they do a little chasing but not like they did in the beginning. One of my smaller newer girls, about 2 wks, actually chases my largest oldest girl. Unless the aggression is EXTREMELY bad & causing injury outside of nipped fins, I would let them work it out. You may need to add more plants (real or silk) &/or structures, I don't know what size tank you have.
my tank is 8 gall :D
they've been together for almost 1 week
I introduce them before in divided tank for almost 1 week too
3 of my girls are really in harmony and friendly to each other..they often swim together closely and don't flare to each other... but it seems 2 of my girls's agresiveness is bigger. (so total in the tank are 5 fishes). They seems need more time than the other 3.. well, for now I use breeding box tactic XD and Cupping->really effective
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #582 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurefox View Post
my tank is 8 gall :D
3 of my girls are really in harmony and friendly to each other..they often swim together closely and don't flare to each other... but it seems 2 of my girls's agresiveness is bigger. (so total in the tank are 5 fishes). They seems need more time than the other 3.. well, for now I use breeding box tactic XD and Cupping->really effective
Aww, 8g, IMO is going to be tricky, not much room for them to escape each other. I hope it works out.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #583 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Aww, 8g, IMO is going to be tricky, not much room for them to escape each other. I hope it works out.
yep! the trick that successful for me I think is Cupping (for now)
before I release all 4 of them, then because of unbalanced situation, I add 1 again, for 2 days seems okay, but on the 3rd day I found out that the causes of the fight is only 2 of my Bettas, which I put them in breeding box now...
2 of my bettas being friend since the 4rd day... and 1 Betta, I successed to remove her agresiveness through Cupping trick :).

I put many plants, moss, rocks, for now they have their own places, and they often swim together too...except the 2 in the breeding box

this is the tank : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0vXTCMWPWI
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #584 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwithbabe View Post
Would 6 in a 10 gal be to many??
According to AqAdvisor, that would be 85% of the 10 gal. I recommend that you put about four in a 10 gallon, since decorations, filter, gravel, etc. also take up space.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #585 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Great post! If they are from the same spawn and have never been seperated, will they be less aggressive towards each other?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #586 
LebronTheBetta

That will most likely happen. Based on the fact that they have grown up with each other, they should be more fond of each other.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #587 
Mandy Pandy

I did it! I read this ENTIRE thread! I received a 20 gallon long for Christmas and have plans to turn it into my dream tank, a sorority. Current plans are for 1 bristle nose pleco, 1 mystery snail, 7 neon tetras, and 9 betta girls. I've done tons of research but now's the hard part.. Waiting for the tank to cycle and the plants to grow.. And to get home! (I'm out of town for the holidays until Monday so I haven't gotten started yet :P) I'm ordering some plants tomorrow and I'll get more from PetSmart sometime next week. :D
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #588 
AyalaCookiejar

I wanted to join this thread since I'll be setting up my ten gallon sorority soon, all 5 or 6 girls purchased from breeders. Hoping to get a larger tank soon but this will work for now. I love females so much... They are so cute :) Many of them I find more interesting to watch than males!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #589 
Shirleythebetta

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Sororities truly are an adventure
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #590 
Silverfang

and a roller coaster!

But so worth it at times like this.

Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote