Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #41 
loppy656

ok nver mind it is a cherry shrimp
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #42 
loppy656

How big do they get and how can I see if there is enouf algy for the shrimp?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #43 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppy656 View Post
What can i put in a 2g or 1.5g with my bettas?
You clearly asked what you could put in with your bettas, and people responded by saying the tanks are a little small for more than one animal. By continually asking what type of shrimp would work, and other such questions, it's becoming clear that you are going to ignore the advice we give you.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #44 
doggyhog

Why not just get a small live plant?

Look, just saying. Your bettas will be much happier with a plant rather then a shrimp. Bettas don't like "Friends" they prefer them selves and nothing invading their space. It's like how some people need space and time alone.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #45 
CodeRed

Not to mention a cherry shrimp in a smaller tank is probably more likely to attract the attention of a betta, resulting in some unpleasant business for the shrimp. We're not trying to be rude here, but you have to understand that bettas are generally happier alone. A live plant would help keep the water nicer, and it would make your betta much happier than if he was sharing it with a red speck that looks suspiciously like lunch.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #46 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppy656 View Post

I am trying to take advice but all I really asked for was what types of shrimp and stuff there is I can put in with my betta.
Well, the advice given to you was that you shouldn't add anything because your tank is too small. I know i said you may be able to manage a shrimp in the 2.5 gal, but if people like Dramaqueen and the others say that your tanks are too small for anything except your betta, I would take their advice. They're far more experienced than I am.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #47 
loppy656

I know. I'm pobably going to get a bigger tank befor I get a shrimp anyway.

P.S.
I've tryed the plant thing before and know that my fish like it and that it is supos to keep your water nicer but the plant some how maniged to make the water dertyer insted of cleaner. I still have the plant but in a sepret container and would be happy to try putting it back in there but it is not big enouf right now.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #48 
Jupiter

That's good. If you get a 5 gal I know you'll be able to keep a pair of shrimp at least. :)

What sort of plant did you use? Maybe it wasn't meant to be fully aquatic. Did you rinse it well before you put it in?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #49 
doggyhog

Plants must have proper lighting and fertilizer to survive. Did you have the light on for at least 8 hours a day?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #50 
loppy656

It was a bambo plant but i didn't put it totaly in the water. And I gave it light but I think they can live well with not much light.
Closed Thread