Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #71 
JamieTron

I wouldn't put any more living things in your tank besides live plants...if you have a larger tank someday white clouds are really great. I had two in a ten gallon tank with one of my bettas they didn't bother him at all. They are really cheap as well...2 dollars at the petstore.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #72 
Eolith

JamieTron, are you talking to me about the not putting anything else in aside from live plants?

The white clouds look sort of similar to neon tetras, which I know are notorious for nipping fins. But the white clouds don't nip, do they?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #73 
Jupiter

Nope! White clouds are peaceful little guys. I've never had problems with them.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #74 
Jazattackk

I agree with dq and sweetnspicy and anyone else who said it's only enough for the one fish. you shouldnt put other animals with betta in anything less then 2.5 gallons. And I personally wounl't in less then 5 gallons. It just seems sorta cruel to me, betta's need space.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #75 
Jazattackk

Sorry before I didn't read anything past the first page, and then I read all you other posts on this board. Betta's are solitary animals, by trying to give him a "friend" all your doing is pissing him off, and 1.5g or 2gallons is waay to small even for the betta himself. I've got mine in a 30 gallons with one algea eater, and nothing else becuase I don't want my fish to feel crowded. and I only have the algea eater, because without him my tank gets all green and nasty. and when you said that 5green has two snails with his vase, that's pretty bad betta parenting in my opinion. I'm not sure, but I think he has them in a 1 gallon? 2.5 galls is only big enough for one fish, and snails do not like salt, and bettas need salt if you want them to be reallly healthy. You should only keep the fish in that space, and I think I read somewhere that snails can give bettas finrot or something? I don't know, but you wanted peoples opinions, and it looks like you're just ignoring some of them. So if you want to end up with sad betta, and some dead shrimp, don't listen to other peoples advice, because it looks like they know alot more then you do about this topic. Dang, you seem like a fish killer in my opinion no offence.

Last edited by Jazattackk; 09-27-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #76 
Eolith

O_O

You're keeping one betta in a 30 gallon tank??

How do you ever see him?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #77 
Jazattackk

Whenever I come into the room he just pops out and stays in the front where he's very visable until I leave, and even when he dosn't see me, I can see him perfectly, because he seems to like hanging out at the front of the tank :) I've never been not able to see him, unless I was cleaning the tank and he got scared or something.I don't know why some people say that they would hide in 30 gallons, because I don't have any problems with it ::))
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #78 
Jupiter

Just be careful of that algae eater, he may become nasty when he's bigger.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #79 
Eolith

I'm not saying that he would hide or anything, it's just that I have trouble spotting my boy in his five gallon some of the time because he's wandering through the plants or decor. He really enjoys exploring, and there's lots of stuff in his tank. ;)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #80 
TheBigH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazattackk View Post
Sorry before I didn't read anything past the first page, and then I read all you other posts on this board. Betta's are solitary animals, by trying to give him a "friend" all your doing is pissing him off, and 1.5g or 2gallons is waay to small even for the betta himself. I've got mine in a 30 gallons with one algea eater, and nothing else becuase I don't want my fish to feel crowded. and I only have the algea eater, because without him my tank gets all green and nasty. and when you said that 5green has two snails with his vase, that's pretty bad betta parenting in my opinion. I'm not sure, but I think he has them in a 1 gallon? 2.5 galls is only big enough for one fish, and snails do not like salt, and bettas need salt if you want them to be reallly healthy. You should only keep the fish in that space, and I think I read somewhere that snails can give bettas finrot or something? I don't know, but you wanted peoples opinions, and it looks like you're just ignoring some of them. So if you want to end up with sad betta, and some dead shrimp, don't listen to other peoples advice, because it looks like they know alot more then you do about this topic. Dang, you seem like a fish killer in my opinion no offence.
+1 not to mention you seem to disregard any advice given
Closed Thread